Do I need a capacitor

Username: Dakingjames23

Post Number: 1
I have a new car an 2007 I have a 5900ib, a pioneer premier 3002 SPL sub, and a boss amp putting out 1700RMS. Im thinking of putting new car speakers but my factory speakers with that headunit is loud but anyway do I need a cap?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1339
they are never a necessity

Post Number: 2
so i went to knuconceptz looked at the amp kits im getting the 1/0 then getting a distribution block and outputting one 4gauge and one 8gauge will that wiring be fine?

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1340
that should work.
what model is your boss?
what's the d-block/2nd wire (8 ga) for?

Post Number: 3
no im getting the hifonics 1606d not the boss amp, the 8ga is for my 2nd amp for my insides

Bronze Member
Username: Tinytruck

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 52
hell no do not use knu koncepts...or tsunami...noooooooo.. they use a 90% aluminum and 10% copper mix called COPPER CLAD....ITS CRAP! look around for some jl, metra, sh#t even schoshe from walmart is better! make sure when you get the wire you get four gauge also maybe even bigger...but as for Knu-Crap...well thatr about says it all!

were do you live?
mike

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1365
there's nothing wrong with the KLM cable. Aluminum just isn't quite as good a conductor as copper so they had to increase the cross section.
The 1/0 KLM is MORE than enough for a 1606, and would be plenty large to be distributed to a 1606 and a BIG component amp.

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 55
Bro, are you "Dee...Dee...Dee"? Have you ever seen CCA in a competition? I think not, Aluminum is a terrible conductor, for high perfomance stuff that is. Now i will agree you may get the same amount of power transfer from 1 gauge cca vs. 4gauge or possibaly even 2 gauge 99.9% copper stranded wire, but why chance it? Spend the money, and get the real stuff or go home. ignorant people are what mess up the car audio industry, who cares if it has 5145 strands, they even say on their website its not as good, and that is why its 1.75 a foot vs 4.00-6.50 a foot for some NICE stranded wire

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 256
is kicker 4 gauge wire good to handle a 1000 watt massive audio p1000 1000 watts rms amp

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12658
wow somebody needs to get there head out there as$...Aluminum is a great conductor....whoever told you that needs to be slapped and u to for believing them...

Please Read
http://www.dossert.com/technicalinfo/aluminum.htm

and Josh yes the kicker 4gauge should be able to handle 1000rms with ease...

laidher

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 59
wow that was cute! Did you notice how it said second? So terrible may be an overstatement, but its not copper...if aluminum was the she-at, would'nt china have caught on by now? Dude why dont you bring you're redneck a s ss up here to georgia, and your god damn clan, so i can prove all of you wrong. Alright i'm done venting... If aluminum was so much better, (notice were not talking about cheaper) dont you think jl, metra, kicker, rockford, kenwood, alpine, or any of the other name brands would have caught on? Its ok to be wrong, but please for your sake dont make a fool of yourself!

Ok with all that said, 4 gauge will be fine! if you double that you really want to think about bigger wire! Most importantly have fun with it!?!

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1371
dumb people are funny

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12665
"Dude why dont you bring you're redneck a s ss up here to georgia, and your god damn clan, so i can prove all of you wrong. "

Who the Fu#k you calling a redneck??? Dumba$$ im Black...

"Taken on a mass basis, the conductivity of aluminum is about twice that of copper. This, as well as a greater strength per unit weight, gives aluminum some advantage over copper as a conductor material"

Hmmm wonder why strand count is important

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1470
1200+ posts compared to 59. and wtf u talkin bout clans? lmao

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3238
Copper is the most efficient and reliable electrical conductor for commercial and industrial wire and cable. When compared to aluminum, copper has a significant (1.6 times) ampacity advantage, is easier to install, and is resistant to corrosion. Contrary to aluminum, copper is a very forgiving metal to join electrically, and copper connections have never been the weak link in a wire or cable system.

Copper wins conductivity and strength contests. Copper has the highest electrical conductivity of all engineering materials. A copper cable of specified ampacity is smaller than an aluminum cable, and it is easier and less costly to install. Copper conductors are harder and stronger than aluminum alloys, and are more resistant to nicks and mechanical abuse during cable installation. This is a real advantage at junction and termination boxes, where copper conductors can be bent further, twisted tighter, and pulled harder without stretching or breaking. Conversely, aluminum is softer, has a lower modulus of elasticity, and cold-flows away from a stressed area when connected under high pressure. Properly made copper connections run cooler than their aluminum equivalents, ensuring that copper connections will have a longer life.

Copper is easier to install. Since a copper cable can have a smaller diameter and more flexible insulation, armor, and jacketing than aluminum cable, it is more flexible and requires less effort to bend into position during installation. Since copper cable is less bulky than aluminum, transport of the cable to the installation site is much easier.

Copper is corrosion resistant. In the presence of moisture, aluminum alloys will corrode. This susceptibility to corrosion shortens the life of aluminum cables. Furthermore, water in contact with an aluminum conductor of an insulated wire or cable will result in severe corrosion. The oxidation of the aluminum to a hydroxide leads to damaging expansion of the cable insulation structure and eventual destruction of the cable. The hydrogen gas produced during this reaction can be damaging.

Alternatively, moisture in a copper cable will not cause serious corrosion.

Aluminum conductors require special protection and cannot be used as equivalents or replacements for copper in critical applications. This is why the Canadian Electrical Code only allows copper conductors to be used for fire alarm and fire pump circuits.

Copper has a less expensive life cycle. The true cost of a cable, often referred to as its "life cycle cost," includes the preliminary cost of the cable, as well as the cost of installation, maintenance, repairs, and replacement. While aluminum cable wire is sometimes less expensive to buy than copper, aluminum cable is more difficult to install and is more prone to failure. Therefore, the full life cycle cost of copper cable is lower than aluminum cable.

Oooops Polo..

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 60
"whoops, i was right again!" Man you could have 10,000 posts and still be wrong, sorry bout the redneck comment, most kids these days think they know more about this arena than older people, and some do, but in this case i hope that "those kids" will realize they're quite incorrect. As for "polo", muchas gracias! or thank you. Like i said to brown, 10,000 or 2 you're wrong and like marta, its the end of the line for you! kids have all the time in the world to argue...well i'm going back to work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us