Alpine type s

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 25
I have a pair of alpine type s 6x9 4 ohm speakers rated at 250 watts (50 rms). Is 50 watts rms for only 1 speaker or the pair? Also i have a 480 watt 2ch sony xplod amp i was going to amplify them with. Will it even be worth my time amplifying them, or will just my deck do ok? Its a pioneer 50x4 deck. Any suggestions on what to do?

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 119
you dont need an amplifier for them. it would be better if u had one but your head unit will do fine if it does 50 watts.my friend has type s without the amp and it sounds good. but i mean if u already got the amp do it. it would sound better

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 530
I would recommend amplifying them, especially if you already have the amp and if you have subs installed.

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 26
Also, My friend has a car alot like mine with 2 12" jl subs (either w1 or w3) in a sealed box and when he cranks it you can hear his rear 6x9s distort horribly. They are the stock speakers but the base on them is turned all the way down. Could that be from pressure in the trunk? What im getting at is if I amplify them, will they have enough power to not get overtaken by the subs and be distorted by them? Im going to be running 1 12" rockford p3 (ported so more air pushing around). Thanxs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us