Amp installs in Jeep Grand Cherokees

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1431
I'ma just mount my sub amp on the box with some extra MDF and deadener, but i'm getting ready to put in some new components which means another amp. What have you other jeep owners done? What are my options? Anyone put an amp under the backseat where chrysler put the tiny lil infinity amp?

What about the passenger side of the trunk where that little removable compartment is?

Any explanations of how you mounted amps in your JGC or just general advice would be great. Thanks.

p.s. mine is a 99' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Bronze Member
Username: Livingloudl7

Post Number: 47
I have a 00' JGC limited and back when i had a smaller amp i put it under the left back seat next to the stock one on the right seat.. never had a major problem with it but it did get kinda hot. but now i got a bigger amp and it just sits on the trunk floor.. I'd like to mount it on my backseats though.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 739
i have a 00 jeep non-grand cherokee ltd and i just mounted em on the seat, but idk if grand cherokee seats fold flat towards the front of the car, my amps wouldnt fit where the stock infinity one was

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1432
Guess i didn't elaborate enough on my situation, I'd love to just mount it on the back seat and be done with it but that isn't an option. I fold the seats forward and use my vehicle to transport merchandise for work. And i obviously can't load like heavy crap on top of the amp which would be on the trunk floor when the seats fold forward.

As far as mounting it to the wall somewhere it just seems like the plastic panels are pretty flimsy so i would imagine i'd have to have more support.

Anyone else have related ideas/experiences?

Username: Talon01

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2
back of the seat would probably be best on your wj body

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1250
lol cant ya read he juss said for the 20th time he CANT mount them to the back of the seat, id try under the back seat thats what imma try n do in my trailblazer for my comp amp

Username: Talon01

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 4
sorry i didnt elaborate more what we did was in layed them into the seat depending on the size of amp, getting tired and punchy

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 744
yea dude i do the same thing, usually for no more than like 20 minutes at a time and once i got their id let em breath and cool down, but i'm done doin that, haah its an all around bad idea....

whats the underside of the JGC back seat look like, take some pics, bc the underside of my xj is like some carpet, but mostly steel kinda ghetto haha, but hey shoot me an im at caldapaL08 on AIM maybe i could help ya out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us