New system I'm planning on, need advice.

Username: Spliff_burton

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1
Hello, I'm new to the board and not very familiar yet with car audio. seems like a good place to look for advice. So, this is what I was planning on having the local shop put in my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg. Cab at the end of this month. Still not sure on the Amp wattage for what will be enough or too much power and if I want to go with their ProBox sealed enclosure they're pushing or Kicker ported subboxes. I listen to a lot of different music, mostly a lot of heavy stuff. Just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks in advance, I hope to stick around and learn. Good info on here.

CLARION / DXZ775USB CD/USB/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver/CeNET Control
Slidetrak / 53W × 4 Built-in MOSFET Amp (20W X 4 RMS) / Built-in LPF/HPF
$269.95 * installed
CLARION / DCZ625 6-Disc CeNet CD Changer $135
KICKER / ZX1000.1 1-Channel Mono SubAmplifier $368.35
RMS 500 x 1 @ 4 Ohms / RMS 1000W x 1 @ 2 Ohms / Class D
KICKER / ZX650.4 4-Channel Power MultiAmplifier $255.35
RMS 120 x 4 @ 4 Ohms / 170 x 4 @ 2 Ohms / 325W x 2 @ 4 Ohms Bridged
KICKER / CVR12-4 (2X) CompVR 12" 800 Watt Subwoofers $78.35 (2)
Dual 4 Ohm / Power Handling Peak 800W / RMS 400W
KICKER / RS56.2 (2X) RS Series 5-1/4" 2-way Component Speaker System
Peak 180W / RMS 90W / Impedance 4 Ohms / 1" Teteron elliptical dome tweeters
$250 (pair)
KICKER / RS65.2 (2X) RS Series 6-1/2" 2-way Component Speaker System
Peak 200W / RMS 100W / Impedance 4 Ohms / 1" Teteron elliptical dome tweeters
$300 (pair)
PROBOX / Sealed Dual 12" Subwoofer Fitted Enclosure $200
KICKER / 1/0 Gauge Dual Amplifier Power Kits $200
DYNAMAT / Noise Dampening Bulk Install $115 +
KINETIK / HC800 750 CA Power Cell Battery $118
Speaker Wire $30 / Dash Kit $15 / Wireharness $65 / Antenna Adapter $10
Installation Fees : Run 12 AWG Speaker Wire $50
Front Component Set $75 / Rear Component Set $40 / Sub Amp, Hi Amp $130

Also, maybe I should get the ZX850.4 to push the components, or would that be too much? Any advice would be appreciated as I don't know much but I do know I'm looking for powerful, clean bass with clear, loud mids and highs for under about $3,000 installed with tax. b.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4703
I Think that's way expensive. But a little suggestion. If those CVRs are dual 4 ohm, get the dual 2 ohm version cuz your amp won't perform well if they're DVC 4 ohm.

200" for a sealed box, Oh god! talk to logan or any box builder. IMO, i wouldn't buy from them. Is better to buy online and they can install it for you.

IMO.

Post Number: 2
Thanks, you're right it is a bit much. I do need an enclosure or box(s) that will fit in the back of the seat because I just have a regular cab. I don't want to go outside the recommended air space for the subs or have to scoot my bench seat way up though. There's about 12" of space and if I have the storage thing removed about 14" without moving the seat up from where I like it.

You say no 4 ohm dual coil? I was contemplating about 500W x 1 at 4 ohms series wiring vs. the 1000W Max. Don't want the to beat the hell out of my back with the subs. They told me that you want to overpower the subs and never underpower because the last 1/4 of the amp power is dirty no matter what amp. So, the ZX1000.1 would give me plenty range for clean bass at 500W 4 ohms with a 400W RMS. I really don't know though just looking for advice. Thanks man.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 631
idk about the amps last 1/4 power being "dirty", the hu maybe, after about 3/4 on most it gets some distortion

Post Number: 6
So what amps do you recommend?

I was also thinking to go with the ZX850.4 Channel to the components and the ZX850.2 Channel at 4 ohms bridged going to the subs instead of what I had originally.

Is that overpowering these too much????

Since, I guess going with (2) 4 ohm DVC subs with the ZX1000.1 is NOT STABLE at 1 ohm?

Do you guys like the Kicker ZX series amps, if not could you recommend something better? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 385
With the USB you can skip the 6 CD changer no need for it.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 933
Hey Spliff,

Shoot me an email, I can probably help you out.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us