Expert opinions

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 115
i have heard some ppl say that matching a 10 inch and a bigger size sub (same make)sounds really good...if sum1 were to have a 10inch and a 12 inch in different boxes but with two of the same amps and the subs were the same make just different sizes... would this sound better? i was laughing when i heard it. opinions please. thanx

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1219
thats bull$hit ...lol

if ur getting multiple subs ... get the same size ... different sizes cause cancellation and differential of output

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7453
Two different size subs isn't good. Their make has no bearing. You were right to laugh.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
yea i thought so. my firend was talkin all big about how hes gonna put a 15 and a ten together and how its gonna sound better than getting the same size... i laughed in his face lol

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 637
i do remember one episode of Pimp My Ride where they put an 8" 10" 12" and a 15" all in the same van so maybe you should look into it either that or West coast customs dont know what they are doing

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1870
If you cross them over to cover seperate ranges and are able to control the overlap... then yeah. I just saw an episode today where GAS put two Coustic subs in a fiberglass box with like six Coustic coaxials in a ring around them. Phase cancellation galore. Then, on another episode, Mad Mike tried to explain a bass shaker to Diggity. He said "yeah man we have 5000 watts running to those things and the way the shaker works is it is it has like a hammer in there and it vibrates when there is bass in the signal". First of all, shakers only require 100-200 watts max and he has no clue how one works inside. Like I always said, Mad Mike is a moron.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
hahahah lol... yea but i doubt anyone in my town is as talented as the guys at west coast customs or gas so i wont be lookin into that lol ima stick to two of the same size cuz i sure as hell wouldnt know how to make it sound nice wit two different sizes

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4701
he has a program, and newbies get impressed when you talk about 5k watts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us