Replacing 6x9" factorys with 5.25" components

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1426
I FINALLY found someone with Crystal SSC's in stock so i jumped on a pair of the 5.25"ers. What are my installation options in the front doors of a 99' Jeep Cherokee with 6x9 factorys?

I wanna install em' myself if possible but i have no experience. I was looking at the adaptor brackets from crutchfield but the reviews on them are pretty mixed. Are there other online stores where you can order better ones? Any advice would be appreciated!

p.s. mat is that amp still available?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5580
all of those adapters are the same regardless of those brands like schoshe metra etc..

they use the same mold to make them and same abs material..

i got it and i put alot oflayers on the area of the adapter even wrap the adapter with kind of like foam it works flawlesly :-)

another optionwill beordering those and make your own with a mdf adapter

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 2001
hey joe blanford has the exact same jeep and he just bought some adapters to go from 6x9 to 5.25... ask him where he got them his aim is jblanford13

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1427
cool thanks guys.

what kind of foam are you talking about rob? where might one acquire this "foam"?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5581
theres some kind of psray that i got in the dollar store than you spray it and then it expands and forms some kind of foam. can beused as soudn dampening and shyt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us