Installation Options for 5.25" components in 6x9" factory holes

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1424
I FINALLY found someone with Crystal SSC's in stock so i jumped on a pair of the 5.25"ers. What are my installation options in the front doors of a 99' Jeep Cherokee with 6x9 factorys?

I wanna install em' myself if possible but i have no experience. I was looking at the adaptor brackets from crutchfield but the reviews on them are pretty mixed. Are there other online stores where you can order better ones? Any advice would be appreciated!

p.s. mat is that amp still available?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4607
just cut some MDF to cover the existing holes and then cut out a circle for the new speakers to fit in. also you will be able to fit a 6.5 speaker so if you want get that and they will play a little lower.

and i still have that viper i just got an email about it last night from a guy so if you want it let me know soon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1428
yeah i looked for the 6.5" forever but they are out of stock EVERYWHERE, i felt so lucky to find the 5.25's i think i'll be happy as long as the installation goes okay.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4609
yeah they should be nice, do you understand what im talking about to mount them, also do you want the amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1429
what were the dimensions on the amp again? i know you sent me them at one point but i can't find it.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4610
16x11x2.5 inches post a pic of the inside of your car if you need help find a place for it. or ask andrew capps i think he has the same jeep

Gold Member

Post Number: 1430
wtf lol that is massive...it think that's bigger than my ednine.1!!!

aiight i'ma make a thread about amp mounts in jeeps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1434
I think i might actually be getting the 6.5" now....i'm not sure lol because on the phone they said they were out of the 6.5" but they had the 5.25" so i went for it but when i checked my invoice after placing my order the product they have shown is the 6.5".

Mat i'm probly not gonna buy the amp :-( I think i'm gonna try to find an amp small enough to put under the back seat because that would make things soooo much easier for a newbie like myself.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4614
alright thats cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us