RD Sub Owners

Bronze Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 12
I'm am going to be purchasing RD Audio 2x 15" Sonance subs soon. I would like anyone who owns RD Audio equipment to post here and tell me your level of satisfaction. My brother thinks he knows a lot about car audio and is trying to tell me I would be better off going with W7's or even something smaller like a 12" sub to play rock music too. I really just want people to give a small review on their RD equipment so I have substanative information to tell him that these are quality subs.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5577
a sound splinter rl-s will suit your needs pretty good :-)

soundsplinter.com

rl-s get the 12 inch or if you canfit a 15 go for it youll be pretty happy and for playingrock that sub will suit your needs

Bronze Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 13
Did you even read what I posted? I said I have picked out what I want, I just want people who have these products to post and tell me how much they like them. I am not looking for advice on what equipment to get.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 754
I will have a new Alpha next week. I just got a look at the new backplates they are using, and they look amazing. From what I have seen, the build quality looks exceptional. But next week I will have some performance reviews, along with many pictures and videos.

I have talked to Steve about the Sonance series, and he said they would be great for anyone who likes listening to a lot of low hitting bass. So it would really suit your needs if you like listening to a lot of rap music.

But to date I can just let you know what I have heard and noticed from pictures. I can't speak from any real life expieriance yet.

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 434
lil rob doesnt read

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1447
im plan on purchasing 2 RD sonace 15s also (car got towed, Parkin violation LOL) so that put it on hold for a while LOL

i dont know much about them but the other Rd subs look promising and have great reviews might as well try them out

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5579
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
there should be a limit on how many times you can post those stupid a$s pictures.

my buddy just ordered a sonace i believe, ill let you know how it sounds, it shouldnt be too long.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 757
Sounds good. Keep us updated.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 758
And sorry for the off topic post, but how do you post pictures on this site? The code used on other sites doesn't seem to work here.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7450
Just use the "upload image or attachment" button below. As long as the image is less than 600 X 600, 100k in size you're good.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 759
Here is the new Alpha backplate. This thing weighs about 20 pounds, and is pretty massive. Thought I would show it off, plus I wanted to see if I could upload an image.

Thanks for the help.

Upload\

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 636
chrome is always good

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
thats nice looking, i liked the old one but this one is better, it kinda looks like a mag but beefier

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 809
mag>alpha

good luck big harv, u'll be happy with 2 15's

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1220
how can u say a mag is better then an alpha? unless youve heard both in proper setup ... then i cant agree with that

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1301
^^ x2 mike. get both side to side and compare em then say that

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2093
i always compared the mag to the adire audio brahma mk2. very good sq sub but has minimal spl-sql potential.my opinion though

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 761
Well being a former mk2 brahma, and former mag owner I will be able to compare all three for you when I get the alpha in. The mags do have plenty of SPL potential. They aren't DD9500 worthy, but they are hitting over 150 db's with a pair of 12's. So they do have a LOT of output.

If the alpha is as good as I expect, it will have even more output than the mag, but retain the same sq. But only time will tell.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2097
well i have heard and dealt with the mag, owned the mk2 and am also gonna rock the alphas as well. disappointed with the spl of the mk2 but its really not meant for that i suppose, and it used to be that the xxx and mk2 were supposed to be on the same level but i found the xxx to be a better sub, all the way around. the mag is a very good sub and the more i think about it it is mor comparable to the 05 and below xxx, i have extremely high expectations about the alphas especially after speaking with steve for a whle. i think it will be one of the best on the market. and all of rd audio looks to be promising and a organization that will take care of its customers and produce high quality products from its amps to speakers to subs. if the alphas are half of what they look like i will proudly rep rd audio.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 763
Nice post. Glad to see other people on here have dealt with some good subs in the past

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2102
lol. i have had my share with crappy ones too. lol. its all in the exp. i started with some powr acoustik fubr 12s. lol. the amp wasnt that bad. ran it at 1 ohm for 3 months before it caught fire. lol

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Carrollton, Texas United states

Post Number: 151
what's the RD website again?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2103
rdaudio.net

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3156
FIRE!!!!!!HAHAHAH was it a audiobahn amp?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2105
actually i have one of those too, its holding up not too bad. that one hasnt caught fire though. it was a power acoustik amp

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 765
Yeah, I have owned audiobahn subs and amps before. I have to try everything though, even if people say it is terrible. To me the only opinion I trust is my own

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2107
yes sir. old old audiobahn use to be the stuff to have but they pretty much sold out. a lot of my opinions have changed and some have not. lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 84
i can't speak of rD longevity, but can speak of it's performance. at least the classic. build quality is very good, what you would expect out of a sub at that price. would look good inverted, lol. output is good, sealed or ported. will take more then recommended power, though i wouldn't go above 600wrms on it.

long story short, if the sonance is anything like it's little brother, it's going to be a good sub. the one downside to the classic was it got a bit confused on fast music in a ported box. sealed, as per it's original design, it shines!

i'll copy and paste my review over here tonight, with term lab numbers/ pics.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us