What should I get?

Username: T3x

Post Number: 1
I have 2 12" Kicker Comp-CVR's and a 2 Channel SOUND STORM F2800 1600W Amp.

Wondering if that's a good combo, or if I should get a better Amp. Not sure if my subs are really hitting at their max.

I was also thinking of getting some more subs, or replacing these. They hit pretty hard, but not as hard as I want them too. Any reccomendations?

Also need some speakers. Which would be the best out?

Price isn't a problem.

thnx!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6313
What are you after? SPL or SQ/SQL?
If money isn't a problem, then try JL 1000 slash series amp (that's real watts), and 12W7 in a HO box. Don't let the size fool you. Once you hear one in person, you'll be very surprised.
As for the speakers, you can try Infinity kappas for starters. You should find out what size fits your current car. If you're not sure, go to any car audio shop and they'll tell you.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3272
the key word to isaac's post is "if money isn't a problem" the amp alone probally costs more than your whole setup right now, if it was me i'd get a better amp first maybe a mtx 1501d or kx1200.1 then if the cvr's aren't to your liking upgrade to something better.

Username: Elitewhipscom

Medford, OR USA

Post Number: 1
I would definitely upgrade your amp, its better off as a paper weight =) for those cvr's I would go with a EGA880.2 or a EGA1000.2 soundstream xtream amp or a BXI1206D 1200w class D Hifonics amp it would literally be a night and day differance or any of the amps metioned above would be good, you just want to get the best wattage dollar for dollar and you should be able to pick these amp's up for under $250.00

Silver Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 183
WWJD

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 260
^^ what would jesus do??

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 261
nooo its WWSD what would scooby doo hhahaha

Username: T3x

Post Number: 2
I'm thinking of going with the MTX Audio Thunder1501D amp.

What do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3276
the 1501d is a nice amp it does 1000wrms@12volts so with a good charging system it'll do around 1300wrms+.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us