Anybody have Diamond Audio HEX?

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Carrollton, Texas United states

Post Number: 131
I don't know what kind of amp would pair with that well? Should I be looking at the 2ohm ratings or 4ohm ratings?

I have no idea... I'm looking at kickerzx350.2 and pg x200.2 will those work?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1848
I do. You should be looking at 4 ohm ratings. That Kicker at 175 per side would be perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Carrollton, Texas United states

Post Number: 132
really? I think the 5.25" nominal is only rated at 100wrms, which is still good. Because it'll put out 110wrms @ 4ohms.

and is it true that once I get a substage I will bearly be able to hear the difference between a 5.25" component and a 6.5" component? because I don't want to cut bigger holes into my door to fit bigger speakers since the factory speakers are only 5x7"

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1849
Oh I just assumed you had the 6 1/2's. Yeah the 350.2 puts out 110 X 2 @ 4 ohms, I was looking at the 2 ohm power. The max RMS recommended for the 5.25's is 150 so that ZX will be good. From my experience with the Hex, they love power, the more the better up to a point.

Well, you will lose a bit of mid-bass and power handling from the 6.5's but other than that they will be pretty similar. Great speakers, you will like them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us