TC sounds

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Carrollton, Texas United states

Post Number: 122
I just heard about this company. I checked them out and their subs look very nice. Have any of ya'll heard one before or know anything about them?

How are they for SQ/SQL compared to an Fi Q?
I'm looking at the TC9, TC2000, TC3000

since TC3000 is out of stock, I would probably get a TC2000. the Fs are very low (18hz)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7408
Very good company. Decently priced as well. The LMS5400 is a monster. Not too many ppl here with a TC sub though. Their 10 and 12 inch drivers are a good value. I was debating them when I got my Q.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4595
i would get an RL-P from sound splinter. they are basically TC drivers anyway

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1342
^^Exactly. The RL-p has a TC9 motor. It is a very good sub that gets extremely low. I used to have a 15" Rl-p and loved it, kinda wish I never got rid of it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3118
"I used to have a 15" Rl-p and loved it, kinda wish I never got rid of it."

If you truly loved that sub you wouldn't have gotten rid of it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
What about the TC2000/3000 though, wouldn't those be better than the TC9/Rl-p?

http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1299
found where I can get the TC3000 too and it's only $340 shipped

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1833
IMO the rl-p is the best all around driver on the market. I have installed three of them and they are simply awesome subs. The SQ on them is unreal and the excursion has to be seen in person to be believed. Chad just bought one and I talked to Marc (the van guy) on the phone last night about simplifying his system and going with one 15 rl-p with one set of comps up front. I am also getting a 15 for my new system as soon as I move. Stay tuned, there should be some reviews soon but if you are thinking about picking one up... do so without hesitation.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1344
Rob the reason I got rid of it was because I really needed the money at the time. I also wanted to try different things so that I could hear different things so when people ask things I will actually be able to give an honest opinion on things I have heard firsthand and not by what everyone else says is good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Did Chad get the Rl-s though?
I'll look more into it, there are so many... it's hard to make a decision, but I still have a while before I even get to my substage, I'm just researching so I can be more sure that I will like what I get.

Compare the Rl-p and TC3000 to the Fi Q15, should I still even consider getting a Q?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
I'm trying to go SQ, and I'm guessing that since whatever I get will probably have 1000wrms put to it... it should get loud enough as well.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1836
"Did Chad get the Rl-s though?"

Last I heard he ordered it and it is on the way.

"Compare the Rl-p and TC3000 to the Fi Q15, should I still even consider getting a Q?"

Well I have never personally heard a 3000 but I have heard others say good things. As most of you know, I am a huge fan of Scott Atwell and Fi, but there is really no comparison between the rl-p and the Q. The rl-s is NOT just another TC build, they put some of their own technology into it. TC Sounds is literally four miles from my door and they are local boys and I have a certain loyalty to them, but SS went all the way with the rl-p and like I said, IMO it is the best there is right now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
Thanks that will narrow my search down a lot. I was really hooked on getting the Q at the beginning of my search, but I've come across so many other that seem to be potentially better.

"The Premium 15 is available in dual 4 and dual 2 voicecoil and will reach full excursion in most applications with between 600 and 700 watts."

Can the Rl-p 15" handle the Kicker ZX1000.1 or should it just get the Kicker ZX750.1?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4598
sorry, but brad, whats your AIM?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1837
theimagedynamic

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1839
Arthur, the rl-s can handle 2000 RMS+ but don't forget that it is a single 3 ohm coil so you are going to want to look for an amp that puts out around 800-1000 RMS @ 4 ohms. Then you can determine what RMS you will get by splitting the difference between the 2 and 4 ohm power. For instance... the ZX1000.1 puts out 1000 @ 2 and 500 @ 4 so at 3 ohms you are looking at 750. Chad went with a 2 channel amp that bridges @ 4 ohms so he could get more power. If I remember right I think he went with the Kicker SX900.2 which will give him a bit more than 1000 RMS @ 3 ohms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1346
Brad you are getting confusing here. You keep switching from talking about the RL-p and the Rl-s. But to answer your question Arthur the Rl-p will handle 1200 watts if you are smart about it. But the zx750.1 would also work very well with it because the birth sheet for them are all around 950.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1840
LOL damnit I meant the rl-s.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
Yeah, Brad, you kept on interchanging the Rl-s with the Rl-p and I was getting confused like no other.

Were you trying to say Rl-s the WHOLEEEEE entire time? If so those are out of my budget that I wanted to keep. ($200-$350)

Do you think the Rl-p would be a better choice than the TC3000 and/or Q? I'm guessing the Rl-s would be for sure...

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1841
Sorry about that.... yes I meant the rl-s the whole time. I have no personal experience with the rl-p but some here probably do.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 721
Hey Paul I have a TC Sounds LMS-4000 that should be here next week.. you can check it out once it gets here

Gold Member

Post Number: 3121
Stop smokin that sh1t Brad!

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1842
Haven't smoked in almost 2 months... remember? Drug test approaching. After that it's back to the chron and dumber than ever

Gold Member

Post Number: 3126
"Haven't smoked in almost 2 months... remember?"

Of course I don't remember.All the times I smoked weed...m arijuana affects the memory.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
join the club bro. haha chron and exo

right now i am really interested in the tc3000, i might get it to see how it sounds... i'm sure it'll fit my needs, i just want something that will make my hiphop music sound good in my car.

does anyone know if it tc3000 has better SQ than the tc2000 from reading the site?
http://www.tcsounds.com/tcrawsubs.htm#tc

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1843
LOL Rob

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4601

quote:

Haven't smoked in almost 2 months... remember? Drug test approaching. After that it's back to the chron and dumber than ever

i got to get tested too starting next month for 14 months! it sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7411
Mike, have a link or pic of that LMS-4000? I can't find anything on the website. What she look like??!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
I think I am going to go w/ a TC-2000 15" run it with a Kicker 750.1, I just want to know if it will have better SQ than a Fi SSD or Fi Q15?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us