Best way to connect amp to STOCK HU

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3109
I dont want to remove the stock headunit from my caddy and replace it with a aftermarket because of so many features i will loose not including the looks as well so i im leaving it...

What would be my best bet when hooking up a sub woofer to it, what should i consider buying? I was already debating on a eq, i have a line driver, and i need a RCA line modulator (i will use my subwoofer HI-Output from the 8" or whatever it is in the rear to connect the sub amp.) but with those 3 pieces of equiptment should i be able to clean up the power a bit so that it doesnt sound like cr@p? the line driver is just there so i can still get my 4V preout i like.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1225
who wanna bet that he ends up switchin it out cuz its not enough bass..... any takers lol. there are ways to retain the factory options, not sure what ur talking bout, but im guessing like onstar/steering wheel controls and so on, ur gonna end up doing it lol do it right the first time

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 109
my amp is connected to my stock HU, i used a LOC(Line output converter)i bought from walmart

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 432
i was just lookin at steve meades website and i believe he used a JL audio cleansweep to retain the stock head unit in the navigator install.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3110
King, i dunno about all of that. There are alot of controls on steering wheel and stuff. I will check out the cleansweep, i dont get where you say it wont be enough bass though... that has never been my problem, i just want to ensure its very clean power still.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1227
im juss saying you might as well drop money on a good deck, there are adapters to retain pretty much anything ur stock has....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3121
Its not worth the change overall, it would make my ride look ugly, and void my warranty, i have a great deck already but like the title says best way to use stock HU

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1229
what amp u hooking yo to it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3122
Not sure yet, somthing that does 1.5K -2Krms at 2ohm, possibly a kicker

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1444
crutchfeilds newest issue had around 10 options to reatin factory HU and still run and aftermarket radio tha ones that come to minde are the

Jl clean sweep
Rf thresixty ~150$(variant) they now have a version thats made for using the Factory HU

trheres was a couple more cant find tha book right now

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1445
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ukxYk2Kgoeg/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?g=304550&cm_re=le ftnav*spg100*pg304550

copy past the whole thing is actin crzy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us