Whats this mean?

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 99
about two years ago i build a box for my 12 clarion sub(600 wts SVC). I dindt follow any specs of anny kind i just build it. its 37" wide, 20" deep, and 20" high. It pounds pretty hard. It has been sitting in my room hooked up to my house amp for the longest time and the other day i decided to hook it up in my suv. So i did. It sounded pretty good and go loud as hell inside, but outside, however you couldn't hear it from very far away. whats the deal??? I think its because when i built it i never tuned it. so there are two 4" round ports that go in 12". I used the box tunning calculator and it said the box was tuned to about 18 hertz.... wich i guess is very low ( correct me if im wrong ). Is that the reason i dont get very good sound from a distance????

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1935
um i got like 6.8 cubes 26 hz.... thats HUGE waaaaaaay too big for a 12. as for not traveling, a lot of it is prolly the box but in many cases its the car that wont let it travel

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 8072
I dont get why people want it to be loud outside the car.

Bronze Member

Alberta

Post Number: 100
thanks, bump

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1233
lol i know isnt the whole point to be loud INSIDE the car

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 258
They want to be loud outside the vehicle so when they cruise by your house late at night, you get pizzed off when your sh!t hits the floor and breaks into a million pieces.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 432
I love for people to hear me from a distance. The "OMFG WTF IS THAT!!??" look makes me laugh every time :D

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1237
being loud outside the car and rattling stuff outside are 2 diff things lol mine aint loud outside but it sure rattles stuff, lol ive had neighbors call cuz i knocked some stuff off his shop wall lol

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7401
There is nothing worse than hearing an underpowered, over volumed song.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1238
and ur box is tuned to 18hz? lol thats crazy low, lowest i heard someone in car audio tune a box is like 25, the average is 30-35. build one 30-35 and itll be louder

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1947
his box is 6.8 cubes 26hz which is huge! for a 12 and tuned too low

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 101
yeah my box is 6.75 cubic feet

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 102
yeah man ill tune it to 32hz???? i just had no idea about tunning when i built it two years ago.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us