Big amp problem i need help of out of ideas

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 441
i know this is the sub section but this gets the most help so. Ok i got a kicker zx750.1 amp and it was working good for a good month then i was driving and it just shut off no light or anything anymore so i tested it in my friends car but the amp works in his car so then i took my friends amp and tried it in my car and his amp dont work in my car either the red light sumtimes turns on for like 5 seconds then shuts off complety. the wierd thing is yesterday i went to go driving and my amp outta nowhere turned on green light n everything and i got bump for like 10 seconds then it shut off complety again no power no nottin i tried to ground it 4 diff places i even changed the ground wire and remote wire complety with new ones but kept the battery wire. I did notice the fuse under the hood that the battery wires go into is a little brownish color just a very little tho which shouldnt effect anythin i dont think cuz the amp turns on for a split second then shuts off. any help would be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 86
hmmm, still sounds like either the power wire or maybe that fuse is going bad, fuses are cheap>replace the fuse, try the amp then, if that doesn't work ...checkthe power wire. also, try this, unhook both the power and ground, run a temporary wire to the - side of the battery. get a DMM and use it to check the power wire. that is touch the +(red) probe of the DMM to the power wire, and the -(black) probe of the DMM to the wire hooked up to the - side of the battery...see how many volts you are getting. Make sure the DMM is set for DC voltage.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 87
btw, when I say unhook power and ground, I mean from the amp, not from the battery.

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 443
thanks a lot it was the main fuse block the fuse somehow fell apart and just replaced the fuse and works great again thanks a lot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us