Very big amp problem im out of ideas help anyone

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 440
Ok i got a kicker zx750.1 amp and it was working good for a good month then i was driving and it just shut off no light or anything anymore so i tested it in my friends car but the amp works in his car so then i took my friends amp and tried it in my car and his amp dont work in my car either the red light sumtimes turns on for like 5 seconds then shuts off complety. the wierd thing is yesterday i went to go driving and my amp outta nowhere turned on green light n everything and i got bump for like 10 seconds then it shut off complety again no power no nottin i tried to ground it 4 diff places i even changed the ground wire and remote wire complety with new ones but kept the battery wire. I did notice the fuse under the hood that the battery wires go into is a little brownish color just a very little tho which shouldnt effect anythin i dont think cuz the amp turns on for a split second then shuts off. any help would be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 90
i bet u blew you main fuse on the positive and what's goin on is u hit a bump your fuse connects, it gets hot then seperates or u hit another bump and seperates, pull out your volt/multimeeter check ur positive line i can bet it's that wire and has to do with your fuse block. if the amp works fine in another car and same thing vice versa but ur car is no go it's your car. and your leads. just because a ground is moved dosen't mean there is nothing wrong with the positive lead. recheck ut fuses in the blocks and id still a no go then get a meter and go line by line. btw a brown fuse means it's smoked 9 out of 10 times and even if u can't see the break chances ar ur fuse is blown.

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 442
thanks so much you were right the fuse actully fell apart somehow just replaced the fuse and works great again thanks alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us