Custom Box, or companies which will build box

Silver Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 196
now that tcab is bon ing people hardcore, im looking for a person or company, well respected, who will be able to make me a decent box, not very big, for one 12 in eclipse ti.

the only reason i cant make it myself is that i need it angled and the sub needs to be in a certain spot so it can fire through an opening in my backseat.

any suggestions/help

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4690
www.fishercustoms.com
www.woodlawncabinetry.com

logan and canaan on here makes them as well. just don't trust everyone here for your box:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7347
I have the very same sub.

Will be selling soon though.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 8049
Where did you get that Paul?

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1367
Imortal Box Building FTW!

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 277
I have experience in box building and would be glad to assist you if you are interested.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7354
Logan. From Isaac W. That's the sub I replaced the surround on.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 426
I'm ready for charlie to finnaly build someone a box just because I'm curious to see how well it turns out.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 280
Upload
Upload
80 shipped and its yours, you can see for yourself and write a review.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 428
Charlie are you saying that box is for a 12" sub?

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 282
am I saying that, no, and its a 10" enclosure 1.25 cubes @ 32Hz

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 548
a sub with different t/s parameters. get one made for your sub.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2082
well i would think taking to your closet real audio shop would be the best bet. yes they will charge a lot to build it, but shipping a box made out of 3/4 mdf would be pretty pricy. and this way you will have a face to face, they will be able to see the way you want it formatted in you car, and usually they will back up their product. if you know someone that is nearby that gives you all of the same options go with them, but it is hard to find someone with all the tools to build custom boxes. anyone can build a rect. or square box, its harder to build a box that have mitered joints or dado joints. my two cents

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 286
It all comes down to how much you wanna pay. Im sure if you're lucky enough to have a car audio shop in town that will build you a custom box to your specifications, they won't be cheap.. Probably in the upwards of 2-300 bucks. Sure it might be the upmost quality, but then again how much are you willing to spend, when someone on here can do it for half the price and do more than a sufficient job on it. IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1900
ive been building boxes... do u have aim or msn?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2084
but the only concern i would have is what if something goes wrong, the box rattles, it was not tested, it gets damaged in freight, gets wet, hole was cut to the wrong size, i guess just little things that woud make it a bad exp. and it is kinda hard to explain a custom box over the phone or through email. i think its one of those things you have to see in person or have seen and have a real good grasp on the concept and planning.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 288
This is the reason I downloaded Inventor 10 Software so I can design the boxes, give them the specs and let them see it before I build it.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4696
"but the only concern i would have is what if something goes wrong, the box rattles, it was not tested, it gets damaged in freight, gets wet, hole was cut to the wrong size"

^^and that's why i will only buy a box online from a very well known/respected box builder that has been doing it for some time now, has experience with packaging/shipping, etc. that or local is the only way for me.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2085
yeah i just went through some other posts and saw some pics to this sort, looks impressive. i wasnt attacking you or anyone who builds boxes on here, dont want it to seem that way i just feel that seeing the car, the space where it is going and how they want the design is everything, and if you have the resources and skill to meet those needs at a better price then i would definitely go with that person. =) just i know that a lot of people dont have all the tools or perspective to do custom mitered boxes you know? but from the looks of it, your boxes look well planned out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us