Nissan 240sx vs srt4

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S = ...

Post Number: 13550
the 240sx will have the sr22 engine.

will the 240sx with the sr22 engine smoke the srt4?

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1363
its hard to say, alot is pending on the driver. isnt the srt super or turbo charged?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13551
yeah it is.

i was talking to a dude with the 240sx and he wants to swap out the engine with a sr22. he said his friend has it and it smokes a srt4.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2882
You mean the sr20det? It'll be a close call. It does about 220HP I think. I drove a s13 hatch with a sr20det and it was pretty quick. I also drove my friends s13 coupe with a rb25det and it was mad fast, and that will smoke a srt4 no problem. SR20DET, not sure though.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2883
K just did a search, its a sr20det but modded to 2.2litres with a stroker kit. So yeah, it can possibly smoke a srt4.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13552
yeah thats it berny. he said that engine is from japan or something.

berny the guy with the 240sx was drifting in the parking lot today. he was pretty good. then this lady from the big building came out and started taking pics. i think she was going to call the cops so he stopped and parked the car in front of the store. lol. i want to drift now.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1364
american muscle ftw.
i would take the 240 anyday, im jus not a dodge fan at all.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3080
The SRT will beat that 240.Those cars were geared low for torque and for very high speed.With that engine the 240s sure are pretty nice though.There was even a 240 with 4 wheel steering I believe.It used an electric motor to pull the wheels in or push them out I think.-I'm not 100 percent sure on this as it's been a while.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1365
i doubt the srt would beat the 240 with that engine, im sure stock, yeah thats a no brainer.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2884
I know what car your talking about chad, its a s14, its to heavy, the srt4 would take it. but if it was a s13 that I'm not sure of. rb25det FTW!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13553
oh yeah stock he said its slow. i asked him lets race and he told me i would smoke him.

but you guys should of seen him drift. damn. i am going back there next sunday and he will be there again. i will have vids.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2885
His drifting is alright, not really a drift imo. I think he needs more power and a rear diff to get those tires spinning. But atleast he doesn't crash into the wall.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 521
I used to drift..My friends Silvia (240sx se)...I was gonna buy one of those..but not much trunk room and i dont wanna get stupid and drift all the time

Gold Member

Post Number: 3082
" I think he needs more power and a rear diff to get those tires spinning. But atleast he doesn't crash into the wall."

Forget a diff you want a locker in there or a spool.

"I used to drift..My friends Silvia (240sx se)...I was gonna buy one of those..but not much trunk room and i dont wanna get stupid and drift all the time"

Can you give some tips on how to drift and how to setup a drift car?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1443
"Those cars were geared low for torque and for very high speed."

^^^ that wnet against itselF

cars geared low for tourqe have high numerical gears like 3.8 or 5.12 no high speed

2.70 are for speed unles they have a serious 15speed transmision theres no way to have Huge tourqe and high speed

I know kinda what u mean but just wanted to clear that up

Gold Member

Post Number: 3086
""Those cars were geared low for torque and for very high speed."

^^^ that wnet against itselF

cars geared low for tourqe have high numerical gears like 3.8 or 5.12 no high speed

2.70 are for speed unles they have a serious 15speed transmision theres no way to have Huge tourqe and high speed

I know kinda what u mean but just wanted to clear that up"

Nice catch.:-) I meant to say they're geared low and not for very high speed.15 speed transmission in a car?Lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Yea i can..Well yoou seem to know one of the things...

A good thing to do is drop it... not much not the full drop but just a lil...MAke it light as possible, between 300 - 400 is all you really need...Neva go for serious HP..You'll just lose control and the tires will spin to fast....Roll cage, umm dam mostly just make the car so it will Oversteer

There are many ways to drift tho.....

You could, if you have rear brakes that are strong enuff, you can tunr opposite o fhte turn let go of gas tape brakes turn wheel into the turn, than opposite again

CLutch - You can use the clutch to drift also by kicking it at the right time..Also if you are losing the drift kickin the clutch will help you get back into it.... You need a manual car, its better, cause you can down shift in the drift which will create more spin on the tires...More smoke and such...

E Brake- This is prolly the most known way of drifting... Also the hardest.. When you pull the e brake you will also need to down shift it goes like this.... Take turn wide. release gas hit e brake turn wheel then turn wheel away-- The ebrake hit is for near seconds no longer..You dont wanna lose all control and start to slide or stop completely..Always take the corners wide..Neva really need to go past 60

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
ITs seems eva one is callin me out. to what i say...STOP LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 3091
"Yea i can..Well yoou seem to know one of the things...

A good thing to do is drop it... not much not the full drop but just a lil...MAke it light as possible, between 300 - 400 is all you really need...Neva go for serious HP..You'll just lose control and the tires will spin to fast....Roll cage, umm dam mostly just make the car so it will Oversteer

There are many ways to drift tho.....

You could, if you have rear brakes that are strong enuff, you can tunr opposite o fhte turn let go of gas tape brakes turn wheel into the turn, than opposite again

CLutch - You can use the clutch to drift also by kicking it at the right time..Also if you are losing the drift kickin the clutch will help you get back into it.... You need a manual car, its better, cause you can down shift in the drift which will create more spin on the tires...More smoke and such...

E Brake- This is prolly the most known way of drifting... Also the hardest.. When you pull the e brake you will also need to down shift it goes like this.... Take turn wide. release gas hit e brake turn wheel then turn wheel away-- The ebrake hit is for near seconds no longer..You dont wanna lose all control and start to slide or stop completely..Always take the corners wide..Neva really need to go past 60"

You've been watching Tokyo drift way too much Dru.

"You could, if you have rear brakes that are strong enuff,"

Lol...most guys drift bouncing their RPM off of the Rev limiter.You drift in that camry you have too right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3093
You should get into D1GP since you know what's goin on Dru.

Silver Member

Post Number: 524
NO i dont drift in the camery..Maybe if it was rear wheel drive... I dunno if your being sarcastic or what. but i dont have the car.. MAybe if i get extra money and can buy two cars

1994 chevy Caprice - Not a Drifting car

And i didnt get that info from Tokyo Drift, ive known about drifting way b4 that movie came out...I used to be mostly into Drifting and just a lil in Car audio

"You could, if you have rear brakes that are strong enuff,"

For your information that way is the way rookies and kids with rear wheel drive cars, and dont know the right way to drift around turns... You asked for all the ways.. I know they bounce there rpm off the rev limitier. thats why they down shift into the drift.... like i said it makes you wheels spin faster and makes u oversteer easier and faster....

Take a look at how the Clutch and Ebrake are set up different in my post... Cause those are the man two ways...

4 Wheel drive cars. to drift you mostly just use the power of the car to get you drifting.. and mostly you hit the ebrake and sht.. Now on dirt i'm not entirely sure if it is the same... Neva did dirt..or rally or w/e u wanna call it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13555
no one is calling you out DK dru. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3094
"NO i dont drift in the camery..Maybe if it was rear wheel drive... "

You've never seen FWD cars drift?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13557
its impossible rob. come on. if it was possible, i'd be outside drifting rather than posting in here. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3095
"its impossible rob. come on. if it was possible, i'd be outside drifting rather than posting in here. lol."

Guys have been drifting with Front wheel drive cars for a long time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
To some extent i have...But it isnt the same.. I have pulled the E-brake up and went side to side but thats it...

Cause when u lose control once you hit the gas the front tires will move and straighten you out...You can do it as long as you dont hit the gas.. Onve u hit gas your car will go in the way wheels are turned and moving....

Lol DK DRU...

My nick name to my firend is Da Kang..i just thoght that was funny..i know u ment donkey kong lol Drift Kang

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13558
you got some youtube links? it just seems impossible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
NOOOO Chad Gettin Laid...Seems Impossible LOLOLOL J/K man

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1220
FWD drifting is possible, but its not real drifting, most ppl call it arab drifting, vuz they do alot of it over in the middle east

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 613
LOL LMAO arab drifting

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 908
I drift my Focus in reverse :-) My Mach 1 was alot more impressive though hehe.

As for the topic, is srt-4 stock and is the sr20 stock and direct swap? My buddy has a pretty nasty 240 sr20 swap with a single t-67 ball bearing turbo. Then I know of some srt-4's that are ok as well. Mainly driver though.

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
"arab drifting"

Ive seen that b4 many time..Its crazy tho.. alot of people have got hittin by the cars

Platinum Member

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13561
i wouldn't mind having a 240sx. i would fix it up to look just like the one in "need for speed" game.

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
LOL

Platinum Member

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13563
azz.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7362
What have I missed here?

Bronze Member
Username: Iamabadperson777

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 97
to drift in a FWD car is impossible u have to use the e-brake and then u arent in control of it. and you are just sliding as far as your momentum will carry you.

Drifting is.. and always has been about initiating a slide induced purely by the power of the car. Front wheel drive is incapable of doing that without the use of an assistance... in this case, the e-brake. They are two entirely different things

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=as s+dragging

remove that space for the link to work

Silver Member

Post Number: 545
LOL.. im kiddin man but still lol

Platinum Member

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13568
g@y name dru. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 552
Chad Lee sounds like some kinda disease...Yeamna did you fluck that girl, yeah but i cought a chad lee on my area lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
My firends dont call me Dru...They call me Da Kang lol

Platinum Member

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13570
uhhh i was talking about the name "Drift Kang, Drift king is my B!tch" name but its cool man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
oh i thought u was saying g@y name DRU lol mybad but i was jk around man....WOOOO THROWIN A PARTY TONITE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us