Amp but power protect b/s

Username: Palmbeachstuntin561

Post Number: 1
hey everyone i just recently got my old amp stolen out of my truck so my buddy through me a 1600 watt amp i forgot the name of it but im tryin to push 2 1300watt song xploads.and everytime i plug the rcas in it goes to power protect theres 3 fuses each of them are 30s and i dont think thoes are the right ones i read in a different thread to check the ground and stuff but if the ground was bad wouldnt the amp stay on protect.i dont know ill check the ground out tommarow because they ripped the amp out of my truck and a buddy of mine told me the rcas might have a short in them.but does anyone have any other ideas.please help me i havent had a bass ticket in awhile i want more.lol.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1545
yeah, check the ground. and since they ripped your old amp out check all the wiring. and maybe the amp is unable to handle the load. what speakers do you have and what ohm's are they? also what is the model of your amp?

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1546
check all wiring. what model speakers and amp do you have?

Post Number: 3
i rewired everything yesterday and its a SPL Z2X1600 1600 watt amp and the photo is the type of 12's and as the ohms go how do i find out which ohms they are Upload

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1547
do you have an ohm meter? if so disconnect the speakers from the amp and ohm the speaker. Otherwise you will have to look up the model number or remove the speaker from the box and look on the back of it. that amp can handle 4 ohms bridged and two ohm stereo. try only hooking 1 speaker up to it and see if that works. if it does then you will probably need to wire the subs up in stereo instead of bridged.

Post Number: 4
no i dont have the meter should i buy one.but the amp says its capable of 2ohm and it stays on mono i cant switch to stereo what if i put the head unit on mono to do you think that would help and what size fuses do you think i need for this amp because someone told me 40's and theres 3 30's in it now.and i really appreciate the help thank you and the model of the subs are xs-l123p5b

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4578
just look on the back of the subs it should say like DVC4ohm or something like that

Post Number: 5
i just found out my head unit cant go to mono either so i dont know what to do how do i bridge it?i can try that

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1548
okay that sub is single voice coil 4 ohm. you need to wire one sub to each channel on the amp. in other words wire one sub to the right output on the amp and the other sub to the left output of the amp. if there is only one wire coming from your sub box then you need run another one. another option would be to get a 2ohm stable mono amp.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1549
if you need to run another wire from the box be sure to disconnect one of the subs from the original wire. you will need one wire going to each sub. make sure there is no wire from one sub to the other.

Post Number: 8
NA I GOT TWO INPUTS ON THE BOX ONE FOR EACH SUB

Post Number: 9
AND THATS THE WAY I HOOKED IT UP WHEN I FIRST TRIED IT.I HOOKED EACH WIRE TO THEIR OWN CHANNEL.ALL IT DOES IS MAKE THE SUBS BUMP WITH OUT MUSIC BEING ON.I THINK I SHOULD OF MENTIONED THAT EARLIER

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1550
Yeah that would of helped to know that. Well disconnect your RCA cables from the amp. If it still does it then the amp is probably toast unless you have a loose ground/power wire.

Post Number: 10
i got it to work the left negative cable on the out-put dont work anyone know what could cause that not to work and if i hook the left positive up and the negative to the right negative it works.so why could that be happening

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1551
sounds like the finals are blown on that one channel. hook both of them togather on the same channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us