Need Recommendation for system

Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 1
ive got a tahoe and i want to put about 1200 bucks worth of subs in it. I only have a headunit so I'm gonna need a sub, box, amp wires, etc maybe even new speakers to handle the sound better. I want it to be loud but to sound clean and deep. Something that can rattle cars next to me at stop lights but not too loud that i go deaf listening to it. The budget of 1200 is flexible but I want to try and keep it under 1200.

Post Number: 2
SQL subs would probably most fit my needs but again i dont need it to be an elite sound system, my brother has 2x Kicker subs at 90W RMS with a 400W RMS pheonix gold amp and it hits pretty good but i would like something better than that.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3259
kicker sx1250.1 and 2 eclipse ti's would make one killer setup.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 413
I know kevin will hook you up with a good deal. Also for a box (if you cant build your own) I would reccomend Logan or Fisher. They are both very talented.

Post Number: 3
does the mono amp have the capability to power 2 subs?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2477
Yes.. mono amps can power 100 subs if you would like.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2868
so pretty much, you wanna be louder than me on a 1200 budget :D.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1194
2 12 " FI ssds - 380
Ed Nine.1 - 350
Box - 150 ish
Alt Wires and Batt will put you right at the 1200 mark

BOOM!

buy a box from BJ Fisher, Phil at Woodlawn Cabinetry, or Logan ...

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 225
or one of these
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 508
get a box custom made to your subs' specifications. Check out

http://www.fishercustoms.com/ <- he posts on here if you want to get a hold of him that way.

http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/ <- Phil also posts here.

logan116600@hotmail.com < Logan. He posts here too. Built a box for a single 10" RE SE, that did 143(I think. It was at least 141) on a TL.

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 226
$150 shipped for the top one
$80 shipped for the second one

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3260
yes ti's are only dvc4ohm so wiring parrelle/parrelle would get a 1ohm load perfect for that sx1250.1 which is one very very nice amp, and eclipse ti's>fi ssd, the ti is more comparable to the q, re xxx, jl w7, subs along those lines.

Post Number: 4
Sorry, but I am not interested in used subs. I just dont know how they've been treated and I would rather buy one with a warranty or a gurantee.

I think I am gonna go with 2 eclipse ti's. I was gonna just put 1 JL 13w7 but from what i hear this would put the JL to shame. My tahoe has factory speakers that dont handle loud volumes that well, should i get new door speakers to help the volume and quality and loud volumes?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3261
the w7 is one nice sub but there exspensive as h3ll, the ti will probally be the same spl wise while having a little better low end than the w7, plus you can get 2 ti's for the price of one w7. ya your gonna need new door speaks, are you gonna get amp just for them or are you gonna use the HU, im not really good with componet speaks but look into, focal ads alpine PG rainbow all make good componet speaks.

Post Number: 5
Yeah, ive decided on the ti for sure, i just havent decided if im gonna do 2x 12" or 2x 15". I definitely want to run 2 of them though. I'm gonna be powering the speakers off my headunit probably. I was thinking about taking the Cerwin Vega speakers out of my explorer if they will fit.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Fully loaded 18 BTL

Post Number: 198
do u mean instead of an amp for the subs or the door speakers off the hu?

Post Number: 6
im gonna be running the door speakers off the head unit, the subs will have their own amp. since its 2 750w RMS subs i'm still trying to decide which amp i want to get to power them. if i get anything under a 1500w RMS they will be under powered.

Post Number: 7
I don't know much about the factory speakers in my tahoe but im gonna be replacing them eventually. i think its got 4 up front(2 tweeters) 2 in the middle and 2 in the rear. Is this setup gonna need more power my HU only powers 20Wx4 (RMS)

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Fully loaded 18 BTL

Post Number: 201
you CAN run them off that but its gonna sound like crap and be hard to hear its worth the cash to add an amp

Bronze Member
Username: Janitor

Post Number: 22
yeah you deff need an amp for component speakers. I just bought kenwood compnent speakers and a sony xplod amp to power them. It took a couple days for the amp to come in, but when it did it made HELLA difference. sounds pretty sweet! can't wait till i get my sub =D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us