Kevin holden, or anyone else who can answer lol..

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 871
hey kevin didnt feel like emailing u again, and jsut incase u didnt have the answer i was hoping someone on here will, so when my 1750.1 comes in this week im gunna hook it up in my explorer on the stock alt and im gunna throw my yellow top under the hood from my s10, im gunna be getting an ho alt real soon, but my question is will i by fine until i get my ho alt, i dont want to damage any of the equipment...im thinking if i jsut keep the volume and the gain down pretty low for now i should be fine....oh and anyone know where i can d/l or if any one can send me the 50hz test tone and the other one (for setting up comps/coaxials) so i can set up my gain properly...thanks

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 872
bump

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 873
bump..by the way its a 1997 xlt, i searched up replacement stock alts and came up with 95 amp ones and 130 amp ones, not sure which one mine comes with will find out tmrw when i bring it in to get saftied at my uncles garage...

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1896
ROE has tones...i think u use 1khz for coaxials....

on the alt thing...y not jus wire the amp to 4ohm or sumn til then. I think you'd b alright...jus dont keep it up for a while when u kno ur clippin it.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 874
thanks so i could jsut d/l them from the site....and how would i know when im clipping?...i know what it means, but what are the signs,or what should i be looking for...and im gunna get a 200amp alt...should that be good?...

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1347
well i got a s10 and im running 1000rms and i have light dimming but even if i turn it all they way up on constance bass daily driving i only get drops to about 13volts. U should be fine for a wile till u get a HO alt. If ur voltage does go down past 12 volts just back down on the gain a little.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 875
thansk snarl, u know anywhere else i can get the tones from, i tried to d/l from realm, but it keeps comming up as quicktime player and saying i need to d/l(buy) quicktime pro to save the songs...

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 904
You've got mail

Kevin

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 879
yeah lol jsut checked it...thanks for keeping me updated will def be a good day when this thing comes in...i know the wait is worth it tho...maybe it will give me time to get my alt in...either was she should sound good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us