12" ID MAX Sub for $350

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 185
http://cgi.ebay.com/Image-Dynamics-IDMAX-12D2-12-Dual-2-ohm-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ3 20122850049QQihZ011QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have never heard one in person, but they seem to be gettin a lot of rep lately. How do they compare to say a 12" Q or a W6? Both in SQ and SPL. I'm now thinkin about gettin 1 12" IDMAX, instead of a Q.. Am I headed in the right direction?

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 687
VERY good SQ sub...for the price and if you can power them, i'd personally get 2 10 or 12" Q's, but that is quite possibly the best SQ sub out there

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 688
order it from low-hz if youre gonnna do it

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 188
hmm.. I only have a kx1200.1. How is the spl on one of those, i know its primarily a sq sub, but i dont want no spl.

lowhz doesnt carry that sub that I can see of.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4632
low-hz doesn't carry them. those are one of the best subs made, imo of course. great sq (think just about the w6) and alot more output. that's why i might run a pair (still unsure though). you should be good with a kx1200.1, just watch the gain, or maybe run it at 2ohms as those are very efficient subs. and if really interested, i might still be able to get them at $350 shipped, bnib, from a id dealer.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3245
there consider by most to be the best sq ever, there spl is pretty good also, i think theres a guy on CA doing mid 140's bassrace with 2 12's, really that kx1200.1 is too big the id max likes around 800wrms.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 190
the idmax says 1000rms. Well can i run that sub at 2 ohms even though the kx1200.1 is 1 ohm stable (uhoh)?

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 192
well at $350.00 per sub, I would only be running 1 of these. Would I be better off with 1 12" IDMAX or 1 12" FI Q, given im gonna keep this amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 74
I'd take the IDMaxx over a Q any day of the week. The IDMaxx is a VERY efficient sub and doesn't need to be run with a lot of power, but it would be able to take that amp in the right application. Just don't turn the amp up all the way.

-C

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 195
hmm.. It's still an extremely close tossup. The Q can take more power and would be great for the amp I've got. The IdMaxx is about a hundred bucks more and it can't take all the power i've got... uhh.... Anymore input?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3247
what more input do you need, the idmax is the better of the 2 subs and has better sq, while the q can handle power better and be cheaper so you make the call.

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 691
find a dual 4 ohm idmax and run it at 2 ohms off the kx

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1683
Still waiting for the IDMAX 15" that they promised way back in Nov. 06. If it ever actually comes out, it will send a shockwave into the 15" sub ranks. I heard that they are having a hard time building it to sell for any less than $600.

Bronze Member
Username: Treez

Post Number: 54
I never heard the Q myself, but i have the 4 ohm IDMAX wired to 2 ohm and do i love that sub.

Im giving it 300rms from an mtx amp low passed at 60hz. It gives a sweet roll off, and hits the lows with great impact.

It's in a 2.5 cft box ported at 38hz. I initially thought of getting 2, but 1 12 gets the job done...

For the price, its well worth the buy.......

The w6 has pretty good sq, but the MAX has way more output.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7219
It's a shame these subs are priced the way they are. It keeps it on a shelf alot of ppl can't reach. I would love to see an ad or commercial for one of these underground subs. Compare them to the Sonys and Pyramids. THAT would be priceless. All the $50 sub owners would sh1t themselves.

I can hear them screaming on their couches now.

"Who the flock is FI, RE, DD and SI????"

"Well the dude at BB and CC swore to me these were the best!!"

"He knew what he was talking about, he had a name tag for crying out loud!!"

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 219
"find a dual 4 ohm idmax and run it at 2 ohms off the kx"

How do I do this if my amp is 1 ohm stable? Would this just cut the output of my amp in half from roughly 1200 watts to 600 watts?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3256
"How do I do this if my amp is 1 ohm stable? Would this just cut the output of my amp in half from roughly 1200 watts to 600 watts?"

WTF are you talking about, the kx1200.1 does 1200+wrms@1ohm and 600+wrms@2ohms. and i've seen ppl run that amp at .5ohms so im sure it can take a beating.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4642
so you don't know how to run it if the 1200.1 is 1ohm stable? wow, look in the manual. if i remember right it's 600wrms @ 2ohm, but i have spoken with kicker several times before and they said with a nice charging system that amp has done upwards of 800wrms @ 2ohm.

Bronze Member

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 75
Right now in the For Sale Section of Realm Of Excursion a guy is selling a dual 4 ohm IDMax 12 for $230.

-C

Bronze Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Carrollton, Texas United states

Post Number: 96
Could the ID MAX run well off a Kicker ZX300.1 amp? (it is rated at 470wrms @ 2 ohms)

Bronze Member

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 85
From what I've read, it will do fine with that kind of power.

-C

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 790
setthe gain on ur amp for 900 watts and buy an id max.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5485
one of the flatenes subwoofers you can get tottaly worth the price of that an upto 400 bucks

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 344
Im selling my 12" IDMAXv3 dual 4 ohm coils right now. 250 plus shipping for anyone whos interested email me at brownscavs23@aol.com

Silver Member

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 345
also i forgot. if you are wanting pics of the sub go to realm of excursion and it in the for sale section "12" Idmaxv3 and massive audio

Silver Member

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 346
also i forgot. if you are wanting pics of the sub go to realm of excursion and it in the for sale section "12 Idmaxv3 and massive audio"

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5527
MY FRIEND IS SELLING HIS FOR 300 LIKE NEW OCNDITION :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us