Pressure

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 183
Alright so another way to obtain higher db's is to try and keep as much pressure in the trunk and cabin as possible right!!! so my question is do you lose alot of pressure thru the passenger and driver doors ?. because I drive a Saturn SL2 1998 (made out of plastic almost) and when I turn my system up and close my doors with windows up at the bottom of the door it flexes alot and when I place my hand at the small openings I feel air blowing out so if I was to stop this from happening I would notice a small db increase.Especially if I seal all my car doors ?

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 184
any body understand

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 790
im wondering the same thing
bump

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7919
No, You want to relieve the pressure. Roll down your window and it will get louder:-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5246
most cars get louder with the windows down mine got 3 db louder but some dont gain at all

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 185
so if a dynamat my doors with that help me gain more db's

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1657
Pipo hit 160.9 with his door wide open.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 763
"most cars get louder with the windows down mine got 3 db louder but some dont gain at all"

so ur saying it got twice as loud with windows down alone? or other variables? thats crazy if so

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1340
^^^what do you mean ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5248
I should say my 6x9s did I never measured with the subs on but I know it was louder (6x9's 3 db louder for sure tho)

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1658
3dB is not twice as loud. I think he is confused by the fact that a gain of 3dB requires a doubling of amplifier power. Theoretically, to double the actual "perception of loudness" requires an increase of 10dB.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2964
"No, You want to relieve the pressure. Roll down your window and it will get louder"

It's funny how sealed up the extreme cars are.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5249
89 db at the volume I had the 6x9,s on windows up and 92 db same volume windows down all the way... I saw it on the meter and I was like am I seeing things so I tested again and sure enough from 89 db to 92 db

Gold Member

Post Number: 2965
"No, You want to relieve the pressure. Roll down your window and it will get louder"

You definately don't want to do that either.You want to put up legal numbers,sealed up and TL on the windshield.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5250
"3dB is not twice as loud. I think he is confused by the fact that a gain of 3dB requires a doubling of amplifier power. Theoretically, to double the actual "perception of loudness" requires an increase of 10dB."

true statement

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1341
"You definately don't want to do that either.You want to put up legal numbers,sealed up and TL on the windshield."

meh thats an opinion, i would still rather here 150 at the headrest as opposed to 150 at the dash

Gold Member

Post Number: 2967
"meh thats an opinion, i would still rather here 150 at the headrest as opposed to 150 at the dash"

Try that in DB Drag :-) Headrest metering makes some sense to me though but I don't like outlaw scores,they don't mean sh1t to me,that's for sure.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 188
So what you are saying the main goal is to get as much pressure in the trunk and the cabin to increase db's such as dynamat the trunk,doors,and rear deck

Gold Member

Post Number: 2991
"So what you are saying the main goal is to get as much pressure in the trunk and the cabin to increase db's such as dynamat the trunk,doors,and rear deck"

The main goal is to get pressure inside the TL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us