Cvx vs. cvr

Silver Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 171
How much difference is there between the two?

Are the cvx's worth buying if i already have cvr's?

If i have a custom box made for my cvr's, could i interchange them with cvx's down the road and it not effect the subs a whole lot?

*i poseted this earlier but no reply's*

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3242
the cvx will get louder than the cvr's imo the sq is about the same but cvx's are a little better, its up to you ifyou want cvr's or cvx's i say get a custom box for the subs you have now then decide if you want to upgrade.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 45
cvxs are L7s with a round cone. will handle twice the power of the cvrs, has greater output potential and durability. one cvx in the correct enclosure will have similiar potential to a pair of cvrs, off the same power.

double up on cvxs, double up on power, and go boom like so.

teh cvxs are that much better then cvrs, but you pay for it as well.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5242
were doin a install with two kicker cvx 10's in a dodge stealth I havent heard them yet but hopin they put up some good numbers the guy has 500 rms for each thats going to be going to them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
we threw over 750 per on a pair of cvx 10s in a firebird, that thing was sick, lol. my wife is running a cvx15 with jsut over 450wrms running to it and it slams.

you'll like that dodge install. depending upon enclosure, it'll rock pretty good, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Post Number: 5244
well its gonna be custom and if it was up to me it will be ported....well see

Gold Member

Post Number: 5245
we will definately meter it afterward....I wanna see mid 145 db or more

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Im getting a custom box built for my cvr's and will probably replace them with cvx's. I plan on getting a massive audio p1500.1, which will give each sub 750w rms. I have a four gauge cable already ran in my car, will i need to upgrade the power cable or anything else if i get the cvx's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
last question promise...

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3250
i would go with 2ga to be on the safe side.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
would that be the only upgrade i would have to make, cause i can do that no prob.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
not sayin i want to do that though... what could happen if i left the 4 gauge in??

and how much per foot does 2 gauge run?

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
would i have to get a HO alt. as well, or would stock be alright?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3252
well im running 1000wrms on 4ga and it doesn't get hot or anything but i'd be safe and go with 2ga, on the alt it depends on your car if you got an suv or something that has an 120+amp stock alt you might be allright but anything smaller than 120a and i would upgrade definatly and if you upgrade the alt you might as well do the big 3 also.

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 23
whats the difference between a cvx and the L7's, besides the fact of one squar and one round. SQ and/or SPL

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1904
L7=SPL
CVX=SQL

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2550
dont buy CVXs, I didnt like mine at all

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 274
Hey post some pix of that stealth install. id like to see what you did. I have a 93 Mitsubishi 3000gt SL and a 92 Dodge Stealth RT.

In the 3000gt ( an automatic tranny ) i messed around 3 years ago and put 2 15"s in the hatch, and 4 tens/amps where the back seats were. sounded reall nice but once i found out you shouldn't mix sub sizes im gonna reface the 10" boxes to hold 15's and have 4 15's in the car.

THis summer im putting either 2 12's in the hatch of the stealth, or 2 15's in the back seats.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5257
The guy is savin up money to pay us so im not sure when he will be ready but when its all done ill let you know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
the differences between the L7 and CVX, other then cone shape? none. they are the exact same sub. the square cone on the L7 does give it more output potential, and it also changes the T/S a bit, mostly due to weight. but nothing that would be audible, or anything drastic enough to call one different from the other, save cone shape. same motor, same basket, same cone material, same surround, same spider, same coil, blah,blah,blah.

personally, i love the cvx15 that's in the wife's TB. it's rated 1000wrms, it's getting ~450wrms and it's a low end monster. gets very respectable in output, is in too small of a box and sounds good. does everything it's asked to do.

i will give the edge to the cvx for sq. teh 12L7 she used to have got a bit muddy on really fast stuff. though it was handicapped by too large of a box, and tuning. throw lil john in there though, and hang on to your a ss!

great subs by a great company. a bit pricey compared to some internet brands, but they do as they are designed to do.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
can i run two 12" cvx's and a massive audio p1500.1 on a stock alt??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4661
depends on the alt. you have now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
what size alt would i need for running 1500w rms?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us