2 Or 4 Ohms?

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 81
im lookin at gettin 2 12" L7's but as sad as it is i still dont get the ohm thing. Should i get them in 2 or 4 ohm? Whats the difference. if it helps i dont have an amp yet. Also what does DVC mean? thanks for your help as you can see i really need it...

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 504
DVC - dual voice coil.
the difference is wiring/amp options. d2 (dual 2 ohm) can be wired to 1 (parallel) or 4 (series) ohms. d4 is 2 (parallel) or 8 (series). then if you have 2 subs you can have wire those parallel or series. I've heard wiring seperate subs in series is bad but I can't remember the reason. so if you get 2 d2s, you can wire to 2 ohms (vc's in parallel), or .5 an ohm. 2 d4s can be wired to 4 ohms (vc's in series) or 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 505
getting an amp that will do the power at a higher load will make the amp and your electrical system happier, but, most likely, your pocketbook isn't gonna share those feelings. so whatever amp you get, make sure you get the vc configuration that you need.

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 83
k thanks

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 592
well i have the same subs so just thought i would help you out a lil with the amp situation if you get the dual 4 ohm subs you can use a kicker SX1250.1 if you have the money or two ZX750.1 would be nice too one for each sub, a KX1200.1 would also work but they are harder to find there are several other amps that would work but those are some nice kicker ones
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us