I need an amp suggestion for 6.5" comps and 6x9's

Bronze Member
Username: Armstrong

Post Number: 24
hey, i'm planning on getting a set of 6.5" phoenix gold rsd's and a pair of 6x9 pg rsd's, they're both 4 ohms and they're both ABOUT 100 rms. my question is, what would my final load be? i'm kinda new to car audio and i dont really know much of the technical stuff. my next question is, should i be looking for a 4 channel amp that does about 200 rms at 2 or 4 ohms? could you guys possibly recommend me a decent 4 channel amp? i'm not really looking to spend no more than $150 for the amp. thanks alot guys!

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 485
well you aren't wiring the speakers together so I don't know what you mean by final load. You want a a 4 channel that does 100x4 at 4 ohms. any more power is just headroom. less and you're ears may thank you. i have my ads comps on 70w from a nine.4 and listening to it cranked gets uncomfortable. if i had more power to them, I would probably just keep turning it up. I can hear the lyrics clearly from 100'-150' away too so its pretty loud. look on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
lol see i dont really know much about car audio... i guess i'm what you can call a "newb". but you think 100x4 would be good for this setup?

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
oh yeah it would be fine. just look on ebay for an amp that will do that.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/KICKER-KX350-4-ZX350-4-CAR-AUDIO-SPEAKER-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQit emZ140125647864QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
that would probably do fine.

dunno if kicker underrates their a/b amps.

kx850.4 $180
http://cgi.ebay.ca/KICKER-KX800-4-CAR-AUDIO-AMP-AMPLIFIER-800-WATTS-XOVERS_W0QQi temZ140122644267QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39739QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I call myself a newb too. Barely grazed the surface of the possible knowledge.

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
bump
stupid e

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
kicker tends to underate their amps... i was actually looking at a kicker amp for my speakers to match my kicker mono amp for my subs.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4692
Nick, i'm going to buy those components, could you please send me a PM with a lil review when you get them? thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us