I need some type r speakers... any1 got em???

Bronze Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 71
i already havea type r sub and an alpine mrp m650 i need some speakers to complete my system. if any1 has any for a good price get back to me. would i need a different amplifier for these also?
i drive an 02 chevy malibu

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4624
yes you'll want a 2 channel amp for components. i say wait for alteraudio to respond and let him hook you up with cdts', alot better than the alpine speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1559
did you just want to stay with alpine? They're decent cheap speakers but the Type X are the only Alpine's or the F1 that i'd look at. I can offer CDT components to you if you're interested. Just PM me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
i wanna stay with alpine. wil ltype s sound like s***? i just want good ones for now without an amp that will sound fine by themselves in my doors. ill upgrade later. any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1561
type S are not that great. Might as spend for the R's. I never liked the S's. They just seemed to be bland to me, nothing great about the highs or the mids. I preferred the Kenwood Excelon speakers over the S's and R's.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4542
i actually liked my type Rs when i put 125rms to each. they weren't amazing or anything but they weren't bad for the price they sell for on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
yea if i had an amp i would def. get some but i cant afford it right now lol can anyone get me some type s 4x6 door speakers for around 50-60 shipped? or speakers that are better than those without an amp for around the same price?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2486
Infinity coaxials?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
you got infinity coxials 4 x 6??? they better than alpine type s? how much?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4572
if anything the type s are probably better, i would look into some phoenix gold ones though.

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 271
I have Type S comps in the front and Type R comps in the rear. I dont have an amp powering them though, just the internal one and they work fine for me. Im still ridin klean makin G's and get my sick ducked.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
niceeee. i think im gonna get some type r's in the front without an amp and some type s in the back but with no amp cuz i cant afford it right now... would it sound like ish? i got a pretty good head unit. a jvc that has like 50 watts x 4 max power? when u crank the volume up does it sound distorted?

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 273
nah, i woudldn't say so, it just doesnt really bump at all without an amp or subs in the trunk. If i was just running speakers with no subs, I would definitly get better speakers and a lil 2 channel to power em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
yea i got my type r sub and alpine amp already so i think im set. just wanted to get some speakers to finish the job. so it looks like ima get some type r's and mayb later on get an amp to power it when i can afford it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us