Where to hook up a remote wire?

Anonymous
Wondering where to hook up my remote wire for my amp/sub. I don't have a preamp output on the stock HU. Do I use the 12V constant or 12V switched or ??

shaun
if you use the 12v constant the amp will be on all the time. tap into the red wire on the factory wiring harness of u radio. This wire should be hot when the key is on, and not when the key is off.

Anonymous
I had this same problem. I just ran a 18 gauge wire from the + battery terminal to an on off switch and then ran the other end to the remote on off on the amp. Just make sure to turn the switch to off when ur not using it or it will drain the battery

i was wondering i have a ford ranger with a clarion cd player i have also two 10 in box speakers this is the first time i ahve ever wanted to put a amp in my truck i have the power wires ran from the battery to the amp but i do not know where the remote wire goes as far as from the radio i know where it goes on the amp but just not the radio can anyone help me if so it would be appricated

i was wondering i have a ford ranger with a clarion cd player i have also two 10 in box speakers this is the first time i have never wanted to put a amp in my truck i have the power wires ran from the battery to the amp but i do not know where the remote wire goes as far as from the radio i know where it goes on the amp but just not the radio can anyone help me if so it would be appricated Thank you

Tom
Matthew,
the remote wire is for powering on the amp. if you supply it with any 12v+ the amp should work. If you can't find a remote wire from the HU, You can use a switch. to wire a switch to your amp you need wire the 12+ Connection on your amp to the remote on your amp.

TOM
If there is a blue wire on your HU Use that as your Remote Wire.

IF i hook up the remote wire directly to a 12v+ wire, will the amp stay powered constantly even when the car is turned off? or would i need a switch?thanks

I can use my 12+acc wire to my amp remote right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us