18 inches of RE/FI woofa !

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1283
My 18" mt is here ! my other mt motor comes tomorrow along with another Fi recone kit. These will be walled off in my 99 jeep gc and powered by 1 Stetsom V7kd (7000rms) 200 A alt and 2 NSB 90 batteries...

Will have pics when i start with the build.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2927
WTF are you thinking?!

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1275
Looks good. Wall you say?? Cant wait to see that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1284
"WTF are you thinking?!"

One loud daily driver !lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2928
I thought you were going to stick to 2kRms Joe?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1285
meh...eff that

Gold Member

Post Number: 2929
I hope you know your car is going to be a bit damaged when you go to pull that wall out of there and a 200 amp alt will not support 7K.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1287
it will be fine with 200 A alt and 2 nsb 90's these amps are VERY efficient

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1279
I cant wait to see it. Should be LOUD.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2975
If that amp was 100% efficient (not possible) and the alt maintained a constant 14.4 volts, 7000 / 14.4 = 486 amps. More than double the alt's capability.

Math > Joe

Of course you can use it daily but it won't last long at full volume with that alt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
it will be fine

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 414
itll be fine i bet. i think there is a middle ground with those numbers. i know the physics equations but i think in real world applications the numbers are a little bit exaggerated. that is gonna be one insane set up. has anyone heard from B lately? he was supposed to be getting some INSANE setup.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4276
hey wsup C-Reming, I just happen to be checkin this thread.. lol Yea my system is gonna be sick in my Suburban. I may drop back for the 6 18s to the 4 18s... and instead of 3 amps for the 6 18s, I will use 2 amps for the 4 18s... so maybe about 10krms daily stump, maybe 14krms. thats still down from 20krms!! which my electrical would have to have been 16v+ daily, and alot more batts! double, cause double the pwr. But I will still have 2-3 300amps alts, and maybe 4-8 batts also alot of 0/1 gauge wire.

but Joe, you cant cheat physics, thats like saying you can fly off your butt if you concentrate.... 200a wont really even push more than 4krms... if you are cheating the alternator, you may go ahead and add about 4 more nsb batts back there in the batt bank for the missing current upfront, from the ho alt.

it will play, it will turn on too, but it will only get but so loud! till you run out of power to feed the amp, then it will clip the snot out of the subs (dc), possible fry the board of the amp (lack of current, acts like a short, gets hott).. but yea, your the installer.

you will end up with a 7krms amp which actually does whatever the electrical supports, which would be around 3500 rms in there.. give or take.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2930
"hey wsup C-Reming, I just happen to be checkin this thread.. lol Yea my system is gonna be sick in my Suburban. I may drop back for the 6 18s to the 4 18s... and instead of 3 amps for the 6 18s, I will use 2 amps for the 4 18s... so maybe about 10krms daily stump, maybe 14krms. thats still down from 20krms!! which my electrical would have to have been 16v+ daily, and alot more batts! double, cause double the pwr. But I will still have 2-3 300amps alts, and maybe 4-8 batts also alot of 0/1 gauge wire.

but Joe, you cant cheat physics, thats like saying you can fly off your butt if you concentrate.... 200a wont really even push more than 4krms... if you are cheating the alternator, you may go ahead and add about 4 more nsb batts back there in the batt bank for the missing current upfront, from the ho alt.

it will play, it will turn on too, but it will only get but so loud! till you run out of power to feed the amp, then it will clip the snot out of the subs (dc), possible fry the board of the amp (lack of current, acts like a short, gets hott).. but yea, your the installer.

you will end up with a 7krms amp which actually does whatever the electrical supports, which would be around 3500 rms in there.. give or take."

I've been telling people that for a looong time B.I mean sure if you have plenty of batts it'll hold up a bit but you won't get the max RMS if your amp is rated over 12Volts so...the less you have going into your amp the less you have coming out.I really don't think a 200 amp alt and 2 NSBs will hold up for very long Joe but get yourself a nice voltmeter and you'll know exactly what's going on. :-) I'm gonna have to meet up with you one day when that wall is done,when you planning on having that install all completed?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2932
^Unless of course you have like 16volt batts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1296
well i the biggest alt i can get for my vehicle is 240 A, and those nsb 90's have been compared to the DD battery and some say better...They will take a beating for sure...but we'll see how it works out with, if it doesn't work out ill add more

and rob it should be done before the end of this summer

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1764
rob and B are right man. if anything use the 200amp until you can upgrade to at least a 300amp.

you can make up your loss of power with a sick box design. ive been looking into different designs and im really interested to try some new stuff out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
im really confused on a wall design right now...if anyone wants to help out my aim is jblanford13

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Post Number: 230
joe where do you live?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
Paris Illinois

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
when you get your system done we should meet somewhere and compare our systems. I live in Racine Wisconsin not to far from the Illinois border

Gold Member

Post Number: 1299
lol ight...ill keep ya updated on the build

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
i want to see how the two systems compare to one another in completly different setups. plus you look to be running about 4000 watts rms more than what i am planning...

it should be interesting

Gold Member

Post Number: 1300
what subs are you running ? i don't think i remember

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
i am going to be running two HD318 subs.

you told me i should wall them off in my vehicle

Gold Member

Post Number: 1302
oh ok...i didn't know they were hd3's though...

Nice should be REALLY loud

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
i just need to wait til they actually have them in production so i fear that your install will be done long before mine. i am hoping to have it all installed by early July...but i will keep you posted

Gold Member

Post Number: 1303
"i am hoping to have it all installed by early July"

pffft...im hoping to have it done by the end of the summer lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
lol...thats cool... i am looking forward to seeing your system. yours should be really loud especially with you doing a wall and everything

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 217
freaking nice sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 1304
what do you guys think of this design ?

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x213/jblanford13/?action=view&current=Wall1.j pg

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1543
Joe don't listen to them. It's called ohm's probably, not ohm's law. hehe. I have a 240 amp alternator it it can't even support the full power of my kx2500.1.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3079
They say a 200A wont work... im going to use a 300A on 6K.... call me dumb but i dont think i can get any more then that..... and money isnt even the issue on that part(i cant find anywhere that can get me a second alternator mounted otherwise id have a 600A built that isnt direct bolt on :\....

But im also going to have a decently big reserve of kinetiks as well... 4hc2400's and 1 1800 under the hood... unless i find somthing with more power, higher floater voltage, ect...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3080
BTW it does work, its just risky because you have to watch the power and allow it to charge, you cant keep the music on constantly because the alt cant keep up with the amount of power being pulled = car dying out. but if you still droping to low.. clipping, but you know all that good stuff, just becareful with that.. i had quite a bit of power loss with a 200A and a PHD5000D + JBLBP1200.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2934
"i cant find anywhere that can get me a second alternator mounted otherwise"

Dude install another alt in place of your AC compressor.You can do that or you can find yourself a shop that does custom work and rig up some alts for you.

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4279
still seems to be a bunch of confusion, even tho me & Rob tried to simplify it...

I could care less, but im trying to save you the cost of equipment, and headaches. Ive had lots of electrical experience, as a matter it was my major... plenty circuits, plenty troubleshooting, designing, etc, etc

I guess some of these newbies knows better than me or my teachers & their teachers ever knew... (lol) besides the fact of me being a installer at the biggest shop around the beach, and hands on experience with amps some of these guys can only dream of, or think of powering up correctly... let me begin again..

the batt bank is "ok" for a burp (3-10secs)/ competition environment / a 1 note frequency.... and thats still needs like 4-6 batts! and still the limit is your batt bank!

now you talk about playing multiple frequencies (music) and on top of that daily beating the system? (not 3-10sec) but 6-10hrs at a time! Now re-think how your gonna power your big amps, maybe that made more sense this time.

at a show or comp you let your equipment cools between runs, etc... also some require the car to be off, this is where the batts come in effect.

Let me propose a question? do you guys think its magic??? the guys hitting 160-170db+ are charging their battery banks for 12-20hrs straight!! We are talking like 20-30 batts (a really batt bank) yet still use (2) 300amps to still try and charge it during usage. guess what after the show, its back charging again, cause the batts are almost depleted!!

"Joe don't listen to them. It's called ohm's probably, not ohm's law. hehe. I have a 240 amp alternator it it can't even support the full power of my kx2500.1."

Lucas Becker,??? im going to refrain from addressing that question...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13337
joe why do you think i am thinking of taking my stuff out. my charging can't handle the system.

i am gonna go with 1 memphis amp and 2 btl's reconed to dual 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2853
Do it right the first time. Mind as well go with the 240, but I still think it won't be enough. Especially when at idle, when you have less amperage.

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4281
wsup Chad, Im about to PM you on TP.

cost of lots of RMS:

think about cost of a 300a (400-600$) maybe 2 of them which is most likely what the system will want ($800), then think about paying $300 per batt for a good 1.... but alot of kids on here are cheap so lets use a cheap 150$ batt, now multiply that by 6 that equates to ($900) just on batts to power 6krms safely, properly. a rule of thumb is 1 batt per 1000rms. then account for atleast 2-4 runs of 0ga wire... Ive im correct, I believe wire is at a all time high!!!

now tell me what system will be louder? all same eqipment, setting, etc... just 1 has 2 batts VS 1 with 6 batts.. It will be a night and daylight difference, dry or wet your pants difference. 1 will turn up, and 1 wont.... the electrical makes or brakes the system. literally... also fries it too...

just suggesting, that you will be more happy with 4krms bein able to power that to full potential, than a 6krms seeing 2/5ths its potential.... it will be more economical, and hell might be louder than thinking your getting 6krms....

makes sense?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5359
yo B... do you have any pics of your "160 dbs van you were talking about back in the day??? do you have a termpro link for your stats??? cuz the only pic of you is from a 18 inch teo ssx with some black man in it...

im not saying nothing bad or hating but i do want to see some proof. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2936
With the alt setup aside you should see around 4.8K RMS out of that amp on 12 volts maybe more if it's underated or of course less if it's over-rated.I wonder how low of a voltage that amp can run on.I read that they're EXTREMELY durable.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1544
Lucas Becker,??? im going to refrain from addressing that question...

Hey, B. It's called sarcasm. I thought that ohm's probably was pretty funny.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1305
at 12 v they do like 5500rms rob...

And B i understand what you are saying...I understand the charging system, don't think i don't, but like i said i will try this out and see how it does, I know im not going to get a full 7k+ out of the amp, but i should get a solid 5k...and there is always room for improvement on the charging...If its not holding up i will add more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5378
i still wanna see proof :-) the only proof i seen is b car the sable with 2 treos ssi and with 2 oriong 2500d in like chads box set up.

i do wanna see the 160 dbs van and some stats in termpro back int he day he was sayin that we all dont know wat loud is because we never heard a 160 db or i think it was 170 dbs i forgot. but im not trying to hate it on him or do shyt but i really want to see that he claimed

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4282
Lucas, ahhh sarcasm... I see.... I guess im too serious at times... who cares if someone blows their shh up...

Lil Rob what proof do you need??? you should have been at NSPL finals last year, when we hosted the Funk Master FLex car show!! then you could have shook my hand, or get locked inside the van... lol I dont care if you believe me or not, im not out to prove anything to anyone. so it dont matter to me, but Ive had the urge lately to get back loud. About the system in my daily driver, yea, it was dumb louder than suvs..

the van did 160.3 in a 2day build... we did the wall, wires, etc, etc, with no hrs of sleep. I believe it came 3rd in extreme 5+ Lee Lane / Chris Noris was 2nd, and Tim Heath was 1st with like 70 something...

I have pics all over both forums, so all you have to do is search bro. or just search any of those guys name, you will find alot of stuff pops up together... I was a worker with Lee and did lots of work with him... just search names see what happens. about the pics, hell I cant tell which of my 5 computers have them... or which of the 3 cameras do...

ps I never posted a pic of myself online.. lol
and its not my saying, but the official saying...

LIFE BEGINS @ 170++

Gold Member

Post Number: 5388
yes u did man it was with a 18 inch treo sub with a HUGE port i think you got your head inside the port i think.

im juzz saying you got a link for your stats???? and im sure if you went to a funk master flex car show you didi took some pics... juzz let u s see it :-) and a link of your status will never hurt :-)

wat forums??? cuz the only forum i know with your name on it is here on ecoustics under the braggin area with your lesabre car.

well yeah your rich im not you have tons of money to buy tons of sub and have a dedicated van for spl :-) also you have 5 computer and 3 cameras :-) damn i wish i was you :-)

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4283
you must be refering to the box with the bigass port I made out of scrap parts for my friend. that was not me in the pic, it was my friends cousin.. who was like dammmn, thats a huge box... I cant even remember where those pics are also... I have to get more organized. I took tons of Flex car show pics, most were of the vehicles... but a few of the NSPL show outside, etc.

I dont have any official 1 score per say, cause all of the scores were measured with a TL, we have one. So we dont have to go to shows just to get a certified score. Hell Lee Lane is actually a judge.. so that should tell you some of the guys I worked with. Ever heard of Deaf Squad South? I know the CEO personally, and have helped the entire organization get started! Im actually 2nd in line under the CEO Hornest NEst / Ronnie Peay. Ever heard of Deaf Squad Entertainment either? the forum in particular is www.termpro.com, most of the big guys on there I have met locally at shows all over the east coast.

Im not that wealthy, I have all those computers cause I build computers also... that was another 1 of my majors... I dont know how I ended up with 3 top of the line digital cameras, cause I hadnt payed for 1 yet...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1311
I just talked to Alan Dante's buddy from termpro.com and he said i can easily run this stetsom 7kd off my electrical...he said it won't be a problem at all.

B would want to help me on a wall design ?

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4287
alot of guys say, what can and cant. but you have to hook it up to find out. Alan Dante is very intelligent, he is at a few shows on the east coast, WV, NC etc. You are saying what his "buddy" says, but Dante his self will tell you that you need a better electrical! take note of his electrical! not cheap by any means! Its alot of smart guys on termpro, and alot of dumb guys too, maybe not as childish as ecoustics, but dumb!! the smart guys you never hear of, until you pm them or call them. they like reading over the crap that is always being posted...

Remember you are trying to daily 7krms, not burp it! make sure that is clear when you ask your questions.

Go with as many batts as you can at 1st, then like you said earlier, add a battery every 1week until it stops getting louder! but 2 batts is far from whats needed... also 2 240amps alts will be better.

what is this wall going into?? its hard to explain/help online...

also get this, they guys winning those shows, yepp you guessed it... never even ran a wire in their life sometimes! much less know how to get loud...
^^^ so they PAY big $$$ to get the wall built, wires ran, alternator installed etc... just to say their loud, but have no clue cause they would have built from the bottom up themselves...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
96 jeep grand cherokee i have some dimensions i drew out on paint...ill post them up so you can get a better view of what i have to work with

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4290
yea, pics will help, if you can cut the wood, and get the dimensions fitting correctly yourself. 96 cherokee is still the box body correct? should make for something extra loud... I forgot what they peak at however, but Im sure you can find out with some testing or someone with a similar model. Also check the SPL section on TP, its alot of help there too

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11649
^^^whats up B !

man i felt like i was high school sleeping away with all that tech stuff u posted up there ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x213/jblanford13/?action=view&current=JoesMax WallDimensions.jpg

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x213/jblanford13/?action=view&current=Wall1.j pg

1999***!!! sorry b typo

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11652
whoa - thread didnt bump - sorry about that BIG font .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2939
"at 12 v they do like 5500rms rob... "

Must be very under-rated.

Straight from Stetsom's website.

V 7K D

Channels: 1
RMS Power @ 13.8V
Mono 1 Ohm: 7000 Watts
Mono 2 Ohms: 4500 Watts
Mono 4 Ohms: 2400 Watts
RMS Power @ 12.6V
Mono 1 Ohm: 5200 Watts
Mono 2 Ohms: 4300 Watts
Mono 4 Ohms: 2100 Watts
Minimal Input Impedance: 0,2V
Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0,9 % THD
Signal to Noise: > 90 dB
Crossover Frequency LOW PASS: 50 a 15 KHz
Frequency Response: (FULL RANGE) 20 Hz a 15 KHz (-3dB)
Input Tension: 9 a 16V
Power Consumption: 6 a 480 A
Dimensions: 70 x 280 x 660 mm
weight: 10,0 Kg.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2940
"i can easily run this stetsom 7kd off my electrical"

Take that very lightly Joe.As long as you're careful you'll be fine though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1316
and i will be carefull im not stooopid

Gold Member

Post Number: 1317
"Alan Dante is very intelligent, he is at a few shows on the east coast, WV, NC etc"

Bro, he's about to have the world record

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4293
lol, I know more about Dante than you really do care to know bro.. lol both him and that heavy concrete volvo... yes, personally he is the loudest, and most impressive to me, even with his 1 sub setup, his scores is comparable to team pioneer with way less equipment. He is always working on his stuff, and only shows up to big shows 3x stuff, finals etc.. thats why I said a few shows.

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4294
ROVIN get at me mang....
ttt

Gold Member

Post Number: 1318
well let me know if you have any input on that design

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4295
looks like a typical wall. what type of subs you plan to use with your 7krms amp? I would consider a bandpass box for more output.. but it all depends on what you are after, will you be competing? or just beating? man, I know you dont expect me to give out secrets on ecoustic forum of all places. register on termpro, and pm me b101101

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1337
joe didnt u used to have HD3's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1320
B you have pm on termpro.com

And Snarl, yeah used to...

Gold Member