Need New Box For Havoc

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Post Number: 101
I got my car taken away from me and i got a newer one with a smaller trunk.... son of a bi-otch... anyways i think the first box i ported wrong anyway... i think i got about 18' in height in height and about alot going the other way prolly no more than 30' so i am gonna go ported 30hz so someone wanna design a box for me right quick...

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
where the hell is wreakhavoc when you need him?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4584
haven't seen him here forever.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1274
he hasn't been around for ages...

what size is the sub ? and get us some max dimensions to work with

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
its a 15' havoc.... i gave you the max.... about 18 inches high about 30 across and alot to go front to back

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 471
Do you have specs for the sub?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7080
"haven't seen him here forever."

He was just in the OT section yesterday.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
actually i do not have the specs cause they are messed up their website and you cant look at the havoc page... nor did it come with anything when i got it.... so ya

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1266
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=18&Dia=9&Xmax=15&Vd= .2&NumW=1&Vb=3.2&Fb=30&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Try this one out.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1816
i would do this
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=18&Dia=9&Xmax=18&Vd= .2&NumW=1&Vb=4&Fb=30&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Bronze Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 100
lol, so the xmax doesnt matter when designing boxes on subwoofertools? One is 15mm the other is 18mm, last time I asked if xmax mattered on that website, I got railed!

Do you need someone to build it too?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1271
On there the only thing the xmax does is help decide how big the port should be. You can play with it to get what you want.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
no i can build it all... i just need plans for it.... does anyone know the xmax of the havoc?

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 103
When I messed with it, it messed with the depth as well.. I'd say that xmax is pretty vital to a good box design..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1273
Of course its going to mess with the depth because you are changing the port area which will change the port length which will change the port displacement. Which means that it will obviously make the box bigger or smaller depending on which way you go w/ the xmax. So in the case of subwoofer tools the xmax is not very vital to a good box design. The knowledge of how much port area a box should have is.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 461
Pshhh, who needs dane? Hes only got one havoc! Anyways, call em up and see what the xmax is, i dont remember if they gave me a response or not. I do remember them telling me the sub volume was 0.2ish....

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
man thats all i got is 1 havoc and that is plenty loud for me..... set car alarms off and shi-t i dont need more than that.... but yeah another dumb question.. the sub has 2 terminals... 2 red and 2 black... so i wire the black and the black with one wire and run that to the negative terminal on the amp then the same with the red so i only should have 2 wires to the amp right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 107

Gold Member

Post Number: 1280
If you are wanting to run your sub in parallel that is correct.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
that would put it at 1 ohm since its 2ohm dv right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us