OT: Scooter FTW!!

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga AudioQue ... Usa

Post Number: 283
ok, so my car is starting to mess up on me and im thinking bout getting a scooter. yup, a yamaha vino 125. but i was wondering, can anyone tell me if u have to have a special license to drive a scooter? i looked on the GA DMVS website and i cant find anything. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1794
u prolly have to have a motorcycle license but idk its different for every state... btw scooter gangs FTW!

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1875
lol...me and my friend just went and looked at mopeds this weekend and we were gunna start a moped gang..lol

Bronze Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 69
how many subs are puttin on that som beach?
moped gangs FTW!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6272
Well if you look at the current gas prices, that's not a bad idea. You should be able to get 80mpg-100mpg.
You didn't need a license for moped/scooter before, but like anything good, governement has to f%%k with it. Now you need one.
In Canada, anything on a motor, you'll need a special license. The stupid thing is, it costs as much as a motorcycle license. Who in their right mind would get a moped/scooter license (limited to below 80km I think).

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7087
In my state if it's 50cc or larger it has to be registered and insured as well as the operator. That's why alot of manufacturers produce 49cc scoots, to help get around it. However, just because you don't have to register a 49cc bike, doesn't mean you can let her rip on the highway. Most states require a minimum engine size of 250cc for highway/freeway riding. (Only makes sense).

Gold Member

Post Number: 6275
Trust me, you DON'T want to be on a highway/freeway with a scooter. Not only will you look like a dork, but the crosswinds can get very tricky.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7090
I've been riding for 20 years. Learned on my father's 71 CB350, had a Honda Magna V30, and recently sold my Suzuki Intruder 1400. I have about 50,000 or so miles on two wheels. The scariest thing on any bike is doing 75mph and a tractor trailer passes you doing 90. The air pressure those trucks generate is unbelievable. When they pass it actually pulls you into it. If you're not ready for it you're road paint.

Someday after my kids are grown I plan on getting a Goldwing. I just couldn't take the chance anymore. Waaaay too many idiots and ppl with something to prove.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1818
im scheduled to take the motorcycle course in august. im only 16 so i have to take a basic motorcycle course so i can ride a 750cc bike... btw paul my dad just bought a suzuki 1400 intruder and he luvs it. im gonna be driving his 1990 kawisaki vulcan untill i get the money for a cbr 600rr :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 7092
Just be careful with that cbr. She'll do 11's and 12's on the quarter mile out of the box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1826
yeah theyre pretty quick

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13321
nice justin. i used to drive the cbr 600 F2 back in the days. damn that was so much fun.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 217
cbr ftw definitly. also the r6 is nice. im setting up to take a motorcycle course this summer. i dont have way too much info about it but all i know is it takes a good amount off bike insurance and it makes my mom happy to know that i will properly know how to ride a motorcycle.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1282
"moped gangs FTW!'"

me and my friends are thinking about starting one

Gold Member

Post Number: 6282
Monkeyman everything's good till you meet an idiot. Then all the rules go out the window.
About the only thing government can't make money on, so far is, walking/running to place. I guess it's like air, you can't tax or license that. I was going to say water, but we're already paying for it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
yup were gettin pretty ripped off but what are you gonna do...

oh and last summer me and a bunch of my friends had a moped gang. it was sick until we saw someone else riding a moped and we realized how stupid they look... but mopeds are wicked fun.. the best one is the honda elite definitly ftw.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2925
I'm imagining Chad on a Moped with his 2 15'' BTLs installed playing free-air. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3237
what do mopeds and fat chicks have in common?

there both fun to ride untill your friends find out, haha but mopeds are pretty fun to ride my friend had one and he modded the engine hardcore, bore, port polish the works and that thing was pretty fast, could do some pretty good burnouts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
yea if u do some work on the engine its impressive what they can do. also if you get lighter springs on the centripetal clutch it will start off faster. and if you grind down the cylinder head it will increase the compression and boost the power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us