I think i killed my car

Bronze Member
Username: Hokiefan4life100

Post Number: 17
so i took a road trip to the beach with my system blasting for about 3 hours straight and the next time i tried to turn on my car it wouldnt start. it didnt even just try to start and die, when i turned the key it just beeped at me. my system wouldnt turn on or anything, so i think my alternators about had it. After a day i got it to barely start, and when i was sitting at a red light i just watched my voltage in my car drop from 13.8 to 10, at which point i turned my lights off and it rose back up enough for my car to not die. i think i need to get a new higher powered alternator. whats a good place to find one for a 3000GT thats not extremely expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 884
yea watching ur voltage drop from 13.8 to <11 is never good.

high output alt time.

Try ebay - Iraggi

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Fully loaded 18 BTL

Post Number: 145
my truck used to do that i had to add an H/O alt and xtra deep cell bat

Bronze Member
Username: Hokiefan4life100

Post Number: 19
i went to iraggi's ebay store from a link in another post and he didnt have any for mitsubishi's. until i get a H/o alt, what can i do to keep my battery from dieing. should i take my anl fuse holder out to save power?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2949
Your car is using power from the battery, lol. Nothing you can do to stop that. Point is you can't drive it without a functioning alternator or it will die when it uses up the battery's power.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6273
Check all power wires, especially the battery to ground, alternator to battery, and chassis to ground. Use DMM and monitor the voltage with engine running. It should be above 14.2v. If you see it jumping between 11v - 14.4v, then you might have alternator problem. Get it tested for free at most car shops.
Use external car charger in the meantime.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2915
"my truck used to do that i had to add an H/O alt and xtra deep cell bat"

That's why your sub kept blowing up.You had a bad install,I knew there was a reason you kept blowing a Solo X up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us