Looking for a system

Bronze Member
Username: Hear_dat_bass08

Novlety, Ohio United States

Post Number: 14
well im looking for a system and i only want one sub and a box i already have an amp and a HU and all the wires are already ran i just that bump in the trunk. The amp i am running is a Hifonics 600 watt 2channel amp and i have a Sony HU. i want pure loud bass. i used to have a Fi SSD 12inch in a sealed box but it wasnt loud enough so i sold it and some other stuff so i have about 270 in cash. i was looking at a Kicker L7 in a ported box the reason why i am looking at a L7 or L5 is because there pure SPL subwoofers. any other ideas or comments are welcome.

thanks..

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1237
umm...invest in a differen't amp something that does like 800-900 rms and put the ssd in a ported box

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2505
Agreed, If your looking at a 12" L7, you want to feed it about 1000 watts rms. Its hard to beat a L7 in SPL for the Money. Not many subs will hit as hard for $150 or so. But remember L7 are lacking in the SQ area.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
do u think a L5 would be better they would be in the same box. a ported box

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7837
No if your going to get a square sub, get the L7. And dont get a POS prefab box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
heres the link to the sub im buying
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/3143118/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Gold Member

Post Number: 1238
bro...just build a ported box for the ssd. you will be much happier with it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1239
oh sh!t...you don't have the ssd anymore

reading > me

Gold Member

Post Number: 7842
Yea, That SSD would be a hell of a lot louder in a ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 449
Have someone on here build you a box. I could build you one if you want, I just started building them so it won't cost you much.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
ok but what would be louder the SSD or a L7 in a ported box cause i mean no matter what i will be running 600 watts to the sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 7845
It would be pretty close but the L7 would prolly be louder. But its all in the box.

Bronze Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 41
Upload
Upload

1.25 cubes @ 32Hz. I am carpeting it within the next few hours, so i'll post more pix. Its your bro if you would like it.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 405
Also the Sony HU could have made it sound not to loud... why dont you gat a Fi BL

Those Prefab boxes..aren't really the best..HAve someone here make on for you (uh oh fighting) or make one yourself

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 902
i just built a big ported box for my L5 12's and my windows flex like sh!t, barely fit the box in, ad its a huge trunk, 85 olds cutlass lol

its at LEAST 2 or 3 times louder than my sealed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
well im think im buying the L7 tonight and i was wondering u think i should sell my amp and get a Kicker ZX750.1 or keep my Hifonics 600.1. im really thinking about the kicker but i dont have alot of room in my car. its a 05 saturn ion

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4595
kicker amp is better than the hifonics in everyway. but why kicker subs?? if you have to go kicker at least get a cvx.

still can't believe you got rid of an fi for a kicker sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
the reason why i got rid of the Fi is becuase it wasnt that loud and idk i guess im a fan of kicker hate me if u want but im pretty sure its my system its up to me on what i want to hear. but thanks everyone for ur help and advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 91
lol dont get sh!tty, i got rid of my kickers for a reason, and have the type r's and i absolutly love them. I wouldn't go back to kicker if you paid me now that i've heard my type r's. They will get very loud and sound great while doing so. Im not sure that many can say the same for the L7. Square subs FTL!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us