Type R

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1262
Type R hands down.

Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 7
nicee... so then i made a good choice. i was debating on which one to get and i chose the alpine. good stuff

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 447
Good choice, but what are you doing for an amp?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12377
L7

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
im either going with the Rockford Fosgate Punch P600.1bd or the alpine mrp m650. im buying it on friday and i heard this forum was really helpful. i also got a vented box. i listen to hip hop music. good choice? suggestions please thanx :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 51
ur only getting 1 sub?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2941
Type R would be the right choice....... square kickers sound like crap.

" i also got a vented box "

It better be built for the sub....... if it's prefab you can throw it out right now. A prefab box can make the best sub in the world sound like crap. The box matters much more than the sub that's in it.

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 55
how big of a sub are you getting? 10, 12, or 15?

Silver Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 155
Type R's ill say L7 are mjore for spl

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Fully loaded 18 BTL

Post Number: 144
not all the squares sound like crap my buddy has 4 15" solarbarics and the sound nice.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 735
l7 for hip hop
it'll hit harder and lower, but won't sound as good. but for hip hop all most people want is LOUD.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 410
Not tru...If you can hear what there sayin there is no point then..Hip Hop is for the lyrics

Type R

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 455
99.9% of my 5000 songs are rap and I want sq as well as havin it loud. I only have the newest jeezy for the bass. Most of the time I just like listening to some Heavy D, Rakim, 2pac, Mac Dre, Wu Tang etc. I turn down the bass on some of this stuff because my sub overpowers the vocals and those dope a$s whiney westcoast synths. Get the Type-R.

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 58
Has anyone heard the type X in person, those subs just look flat-out badass. Didn't chad lee have a pair of those back in the day?

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 570
i would go with the L7 i own two and can tell you they don't sound like crap and get really loud but its all in the install even a type R in a sh!tty instal will sound like Sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1173
type x's are sq subs ... on paper

but ideally sound quality is subjective .. if it sounds good to you then go for it ...

l7s are great budget spl subs ... ne one whos says differently doesnt know about car audio ...

type r's can also get loud in the right application ...

either way your not gonna hear that much of a difference with power ur running ...

whatever you do get an enclosure built for the woofer ... you will regret it if you dont ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
whats prefab??? yea i got a vented box. and yea im only getting one subwoofer thats all i can afford right now haha im only 17 and this is like my first system. if anyone wants to help me out im all ears... the sub is a ten inch. i plan on getting another by july though

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4551
prefab is one already made, like the kind you see sitting on the floor of audio shops, and cc and bb stores.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
oooo so your saying i should get one custom made? well idk i got mine off of ebay for like 50 and it looked pretty nice there. is that prefab?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
the box is also lke 1.75 cubic whatever idk??? lo lthat good for the type r?

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
1.75 cubic ft is a little big for 1 10" Type R. I would recommend having a custom enclosure built for the sub. I could make one for you cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1248
have someone build you a custom box...

Logan
Phil- http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/
www.teamtoxicbass.com
www.fishercustoms.com

they all have reasonable prices...

but please don't buy a prefab box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ok cool. which website is you? i need one so get back to me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
holy s*** i dont got 250 for a box dog lol imy budget is like 60 at most

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4556
$60? build it yourself. there's box builders here that'll hep you out i'm sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
I could do 1 for $60 + shipping.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
60 including shipping is all i can afford because i still have to buy my amp this weekend

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ill just see how this box from ebay sounds and if its bad ill def. hit u up for a custom one for 60 plus shipping

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 63
josh, lol i built this one yesterday and finished it today. Its a custom 1.25 cubic feet enclosure at 32Hz. I can go for $80 shipped. I have $40 in supplies, so only $40 for labor + shipping.. you really wont beat that, and I remember when I got my box off ebay I paid $50 and it was a prefab, and made my kicker comps sound aweful. I put them in a custom enclosure, and I was shocked by the difference. My box is already carpeted and ready to ship. Here are pix so you know what you're getting.

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
it hass like the terminal for the wires in already? if thats what its even called lol if so that sounds really good and i wana buy... is it sealed slotted ported???

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 66
"it hass like the terminal for the wires in already? if thats what its even called lol if so that sounds really good and i wana buy... is it sealed slotted ported???"

Thanks for your interest. I get the terminals in hopefully monday if USPS is on time, and I will install them upon arrival, seal them up and take more pictures for you to see. It is ported, which will increase the spl of your type r. I have 2 type R's in a ported box, and they slam! Volume 9 I get roof flex

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 68
"it hass like the terminal for the wires in already? if thats what its even called lol if so that sounds really good and i wana buy... is it sealed slotted ported???"

Thanks for your interest. I get the terminals in hopefully monday if USPS is on time, and I will install them upon arrival, seal them up and take more pictures for you to see. It is ported, which will increase the spl of your type r. I have 2 type R's in a ported box, and they slam! Volume 9 I get roof flex

If you have msn, and want to discuss this tonight, add me its j_c_wheeler8@hotmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
so this box is made to like the exact specs of the alpine type r 10? if so yea that sounds great. if you could hold this box for me ill get back ot u on friday. thats when i get paid snd am ognna buy my amp. i was planning on getting a capacitor but since i was just informed they dont matter im not gonna get one lol

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 71
Ok sounds good man. I'll need a deposit in order to hold this, because if someone comes along tomorrow and offers me $80 that day, I can't really turn them down. A deposit of $20, and i'll hold it till friday. Let me know. Good thing you were informed about that cap, whew, you coulda gotten phucked.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i dont have msn but i do an AIM sn... im very interseted so u can hit me up my SCREEN NAME IS TERRIBLETOWEL16 AND MY EMAIL IS TERRIBLETOWEL16@AOL.COM

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 72
also, ported box volume for a 10" type r is 0.6-1.3 cubic feet, and the box I've got it 1.25, so you're golden.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
ok how do i get you money and how do i know im not just igving sum1 money and getting screwed over haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
sounds sweet man... yea just let me know how to make this order and give u a deposit or whatever... and know u wont just take my money haha

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 75
true that man. safest way ever is paypal.com. my paypal account is j_c_wheeler8@hotmail.com If i screw you over, you file a claim with them and they do the rest. Some guy from china screwed me over on fake oakley sungalsses and 30 days later I was completely refunded, even though he was in china. Also check my ebay feedback if you want. My account on ebay is wheeler8921.

Just send me $20 via paypal to j_c_wheeler8@hotmail.com, and it's yours till friday.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
do you have this box on ebay? if so mayb just sending me that link would be easier? its whatever way ill get it faster. ill have your deposit sent by 2morrow. if not you can sell it. thanx again man!

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 76
no i didnt put it on ebay, i finished it like 5 hours ago. If i put it on ebay, then I have ebay fees as well as paypal fees. As soon as i get your deposit, I will be upstairs wrapping it up, and if the post office is still open when its wrapped, then it will be shipped same day, if not then the following morning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
alright... as long as the terminals are done and everything were good. ok ummm ill have your deposit by 2morrow if not by 2morrow night then u can give it away but im very intersted and 99.9 percent sure im going to buy it. how many buisness days?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
ok cool. im gonnan buy it 99.9 percent sure. ill have the deposit to you by 2morrow night. if not then sell it. thanx again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
s*** sorry for that double post somethin happened with the site

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 79
depends on where you live

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
newjersey...

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 80
im not sure, but roughly 4-5 buisness days, ill ask the teller when i mail it, and then foreward that infomration along for you. usps tracking info is never on time. It still isnt updated for my carpet I recieved like 5 days ago.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
damnn... ok. ill get back at you 2morrow. thanx for all the help. now i gotta find a way to get rid of this vented box i got from ebay lol waste of 47.99

Bronze Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 85
lol if i were you, buy a sh!tty 10" sub, like a kicker comp persay for dirt cheap and sell it to one of your friends, tell him it hit 140 DB in that box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
hahahaha

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 104
so are you still interested in this box? Im still awaiting the deposit. I've had a lot of inquiries, so im not sure how much longer it'll be around.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 106
bump

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3065
R's... If you heard the kickers next to the R's both in GOOD boxes.... you wouldnt look at kicker again. You hear alot of good about them because so many noobs have them and like to try and talk them up for being budget spl cr@p as all it is good for...

rap\hiphop you want SQL (LOUD, LOW, and GOOD SQ)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
nah im just going to wait on the one from ebay and see how it is. if its bad then ill get your box if its still around.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 110
I thought you were a serious buyer. Its a prefab off ebay, you might think it sounds good if its your first system, but if you compare the 2 side by side, you will be blown away, ask anyone here and they will tell you the same thing. Anyway, your money, your decision, just trying to help you out. And it prolly won't be around long.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
does paypal except atm cards?

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 111
lol, idk i have mine linked to my bank account. Do you have a paypal account? If not then either get one, or send me a money order, it takes a few days to make a paypal account because you have to activate it and such.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
nah nvm i cant s*** my card isnt activated yet... sorry man i did really wanna buy it but i cant just throw this one away. everyones to chep where i live to no1 will buy it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
ill prolly be getting my box on wednesday and hook it up thursday... if it is bad ill def. buy urs if its still around

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 112
ebay your box like Dalton said. It's worth a shot, but if you change your mind and see that that prefab if junk, which you will probably find out quick and my box is gone lol. I bet fisher will make you one for only $140.00! It will be of utmost quality for real. (no sarcasm there)

But good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 400
custom and built to sub specs > prefab built on whatever is easier and cheaper to mass produce. Charlie did a real nice job on that box, $80 is a steal with carpet, shipping, and all.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 113
Thanks Nick. After I put $80, i was thinkin $h!t, I just robbed myself, but im suprised it's not gone. I just wanted to get my name out and show people what I have to offer.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3075
josh, DONT GET PREFAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can make 1 10 sound louder and better then 4 12's in the proper enclosure (assuming the 12's were in improper enclosures or prefab) the box seriously makes the difference, if you get a "cheapo"box that isnt meant for the sub, there is no point of having the sub... a high tuned box is likly to blow your combing off you sub from reaching its XMAX alot easier as well....

Just so you know what each are.....

LOW = Earthquake type shaking
Higher tuning = Vibrations

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
i know... i reallly dont want to have this boxat all but i already bought this stupid s***... charlie i really want that box. its perfect for my sub. i just need time and money because after buying my amp sub wires dynomat and box im broke. i dont have 80 right now lol i make 7.75 an hour. if that bpx is still around by this weekend though i could def. buy it

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 603
lol charlie u jsut wanted to get ur name out? ur name has already been out, ur john wheeler... and thats not a good name.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 122
Its not about the title its about the production, when I said I just wanted to get my name out.. you know what i mean...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us