Memphis

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_quest

Post Number: 28
i have 2 power reference 15's there rated rms power is 250 and i know alot of car audio companys under rate there subs and amps so about how many watts rms can they handle

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1864
I would stay around the RMS power which is 250. My opinion

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 563
Those are Memphis lower line subs so i wouldn't give them anymore then 300 watts rms but yeah i would stay around those 250 if you want to give them more power why dont you just go with the M class subs instead

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2909
Most mainstream brand subs are fairly accurately rated. It's certain underground companies like DD for example is the king of underrating, lol.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4272
nope, those 250rms subs will take 500rms, hell I gave the 12s 500rms each, little more... the prs are under-rated, and is by far the best budget setup. just monitor the temps, and volume, but they will turn up a good bit.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13312
yep those memphis are beasts.

wassup B.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4274
yea good equipment.. they make good budget stuff, and good high end stuff.. really what the customers wants..

wsup with you Chad, just checking back on ecoustics, to see whats going on ova here..

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 900
yes they make great products, and yea they will handle a prety good bit more than 250, seen it done too many times

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 41
go much over 300-350 and you'll be buying new subs, depending upon enclosure. teh pr's are their entry level and while a great budget sub, are rated pretty damn close to their true rms. the m class subs are actually rated for less power, and wil sacrifice output for clarity. the step up would be the m1 or m3. the m1 is basicly a pr with a cast aluminum basket, making the m3 the real upgrade.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 279
i deal with memphis all the time and the pr line can thermally handle close to 400rms but time and time again ive seen the cone rip apart from too much excursion. So watch how much power you put to them, i would say 350 at most.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 43
i doubt the new pr cone will rip apart, bieng it is really just one big dust cap. but depending upon enclosure, i've seen prs reach mechanical limits with just rated power. and sent off many to memphis with cooked coils, again, off rated power.

i've also seen them live for 5 years with 150wrms more then rated.

and yeah, the shop i work at is a memphis dealer. i get sick of sending memphis back so much for warranty as i used to be one big memphis fanboy. theri quality has really declined the last three years.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us