Best set of component speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Lowgan

Post Number: 40
without any budget, what is the best kind of component speaker you can buy?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1558
ones that you really think to yourself is it worth it to put them in the poor acoustic environment of a car.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2541
Depends on whom you ask.

Do you like warm, or punchy...crisp or smooth?
For me, "best" would imply a superior degree of transparency of the driver. Most speakers color the sound of the instrument or vocal that it's reproducing. They make the sound seem like it's coming from a speaker or some artificial source. The most transparent drivers will make the true original source seem as if you can reach out and touch it...literally.

And typically, the most transparent drivers have relatively poor low end response, which means not a whole lot of bass. For those who more highly appreciate how loud a driver can play, they might take a pair of Beymas and claim the world. Hence, the term "best" is relative.

Of course you could grab a 3 way set and retain the ability to tune the mid-range separate from the mid-bass. And then switch out the mid-bass for one with greater extension. Worked well for me. But if you are not interested in detailing a strong install integrity, altering your ride for optimal placement, or tweaking the set to pull out its potential, then 1200.00 components can very easily sound far worse than...well they can easily sound like warm mush (or cold mush, depending...)

Before I rearranged my placement and fine tuned my system, it was average at best.
But now I'm listening to songs that sound like concerts...and I'm on the front of the stage.

Here are some options to consider though:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768492/5

I would also check out the Pioneer PRS, Polk SR, And Dynaudio's new Esotec 242.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us