My Box (pic)

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 469
this is the box i made for my two L7s well i only have on pic during production but ill take a pic of the final product tomorrow and add it but tell me what you guys think so far Upload
Uploadoh that last pic is my new chrome grill i just got just thought id show it off lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11600
.i hope u intend to internally brace it since i foresee some serious box flexing in the middle ....

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 879
dam i could sleep in that port, lol

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 894
looks good bro,

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 470
are there disadvantages to the box flexing and im sad to say that i didnt put any bracing well the box seems really sturdy anyways im happy with it being my first one and i gotta say my subs sound atleast twice as loud

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 474
yeah the port is pretty big and thanks Premier Sound not to bad for my first

Platinum Member

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11602
trust me - bracing adds ALOT of advantage since if u want to get a quick idea of how much energy(bass) loss there is just put an object on your box & u will see

look @ the box with the 2 blue subs almost right down this thread https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/303483.html

i heavily braced that box because it was undersized & when i rested an object on it while subs were pounding - the object didnt move yet the output of the box was causing the hood in my ride to flap .....

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 476
well my box is not undersized at all and the port made it pretty sturdy well i allready have my subs bolted in and when it pounds it doesn't seem to flex at all ill check it out more thouroughly but my roof flexes like crazy and thats impressive since i have a car and my system is in the trunk not inside well anyways im happy with the results but im open to suggestions that way my second box will be just that much better

Platinum Member

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11608
my point is : whether or not a box is under or oversized - bracing (where possible) does make it better.....

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 479
ok so now i know next time brace my box anyone else have any suggestions or comments
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us