Test tones and amp settings

Silver Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 262
I am pretty sure this question has been asked a million times, but Im not on here everyday. I was wondering whats a good test tone to set my amp so my sub sounds good. ALSO when tunning a amp, you first set everything to 0(or all the way down), then you set your gain first THEN your LPF?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7739
50hz is what a lot of people use. But I like to set mine at 44hz:-)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2834
It makes no difference what frequency test tone you use within the range that the amplifier will play. 50 hz will work with pretty much any system. With the LPF turn it up (higher number) before you set the gain, the set it afterwords.

And yes you want all settings on the HU off (EQ, loudness, etc) or at 0 with the exception of the sub level (if the HU has it) should be all the way up. Volume at 3/4.

Take a look at this for a visual guide:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
This is some weird sh!t, I tune my amp and it sounds good, turn my truck off then come back a few later and the bass is either not as loud or the sub starts clipping.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2840
Wait...... you're playing the system with the truck off and thats when this happens?

You're draining the battery (voltage is consistently dropping) and the amp cannot produce as much power (clips).

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
Which is it when the bass hits and there is a clicking noise comming from the top of the sub? Kinda sounds like someone if flicking their finger on top of the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
-Bump-

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2946
Well that doesn't sound good....... did you set the subsonic filter right (just below the tuning freq. of the box?)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us