Building a box!! Tips??

Bronze Member
Username: Salmiery

Martinsburg, WV

Post Number: 12
I have 2 10" Kicker Comps and i am going to be building my box for them. they will be in the back of my explorer so they will be very noticeable.

I would like some tips from some box builders to where i can get some carpeting or something so its not pure wood showing.

Also, they will be in one enclosure.. but seperated so, its like two single non ported enclosures but in one big box.. What shape do you guys suggest for best sound quality?? regular rectangle? any slopes? Tips are greatly appreciated!!

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1362
How appropriate.....a box thread comes up and the forum crashes

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1202
lol another enclosure thread...

here it comes

Bronze Member

Martinsburg, WV

Post Number: 14
What? does the Forum crash coincidentally whenever someone starts a new enclosure thread?? lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5112
if your going spl true using the biggest volume space as you can and some good @ss vent area.. bigger cubic ft volume that the driver can handle means higher extension from the woofer making it reach those low hz that most of the people will always wanted but thats in the driver mainly..

on tuning for sq/sql u have to do 28-35 hz

and 35-42 its for spl... its up to you on the tuning depending on wat you like...

but i saw that you were asking for sound quality. i have some acceptable knowledge on explorers. and u will be better tuned at 35hz since those kicker comps will never have a lower extension..

also on your explorer u will have to do a basic crx box. u need to make the subs are facing to the roof and the port to the back door or the hatch door.

Bronze Member

Martinsburg, WV

Post Number: 17
well I wasn't going to put a port on them, just for the fact I wasn't as comfortable fabricating a port. But if that is the best option i'll damn well try it. can anyone help me with a schematic or blueprint kind of thing? I'll build whatever you think would be best.

How would I know what Hz everything is at? obviously i have to tune my amp and headunit accordingly to what is most acceptable to my ears. Any tips on tuning? I had my first system insalled professionally and i wish i had just done it myself to save all the hastle of bugging everyone on here now..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5144
29 x 29 x 15" and with four 4" AeroPorts that are each 12" long

[P0RTS CAN BE FOUND ON PARTSEXPRESS.COM

Bronze Member

Martinsburg, WV

Post Number: 19
Alright so I install the subs on the 15" side? how would the ports be set up?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 592
my best advice is to get a hold of john wheeler, he does some good work, out of the 4 boxes he built , the first one he built it without tuning it!!! how good is that? no 1 can do that... and the other one he has done something that no one has ever done b4... soaked it in a pool! amazing huh? hes the man if u ask me.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11605
get logan to build u a box ......

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1316
x2^ or andrizzle does good work also
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums