10 inches of excursion anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 545
Ok i know this cant be right but it says on woofersetc.com that this sub has 10" of excursion?!?!?! heres what it says exactly

"Designed to handle BIG power from digital amplifiers and to produce HUGE sound, the ten inch massive excursion subwoofers(X1.10.vc2) are ready to dominate the marketplace and to solidify Lightning Audio's reputation as a major player in the high-end woofer arena."

link

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2678&CFID= 4667545&CFTOKEN=621bb08afc37a25c-D9A549B0-1422-7C6E-50C5EEE38466BF83

Now someone tell me whats up with this sub.}

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2823
It's a 10 inch sub not a sub with 10 inches of excursion.

Silver Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 280
they-re really trying to sell that

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Lightning%20Audio/storm12.1.wmv

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 187
that thing looks retarded the cone looks like its 7 inches max maybe even less thats such a waste

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 546
yea...i feel retarded for thinking its has ten inches of excursion now. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 188
for the 10 inch one not the other one

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 292
Any of the LMT/LMS drivers built by TC have a great deal of xmax. Check the TC-4000 and SoundSplinter RL-s.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 873
lolololololololololololololololololololololol, if you dont like RF you really wont like lightning audio lol, am i the only one on here that knows that RF makes lightning audio?

kinda like Memphis makes off brand Street Edge

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3210
did you know that this lighting audio sub is the exact same thing as a eclipse ti, that sub could woop a lot of subs azz in sql.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 547
you think its better than a 12" Fi BL as far as getting louder while maintaining very clear output

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
^^^^ imo, no, because the lightening is made under rf, which means the rf is better than the ligtning's and better sq and spl

FI BL > RF T2 > LA Storm

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
if its like a ti pro

i dont think thats the order

Silver Member

Post Number: 879
"if its like a ti pro"

its not lol, the shop sells lightning and rf and the rf makes lightning, they got a rf supposed to have a rf warranty to

lightning audio is not very good at all, there better than sony, ive owned a lot of them that blows and sounds so shitty that it sounds like nails are under the spyders lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
http://www.rockfordcorp.com/home/

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
your right it just looks like pro and almost same specs. but believe you 100% ive never heard one i was just goin by what the other guy said then i looked at it after that

Silver Member

Post Number: 882
oh yea man i know, its kool, but your right it really does look like a ti pro lol

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 79
ITS NOT A TI PRO!!! It is a tc3hp motor. and to premier sound- its not made by Rockford. It was made by tc sounds for rockford fosgate (like the rockford team rf sub) Whoever said that its like the ti- wrong, although it IS the same motor... A newer model of that motor is used on the current tc-3000 sub from tc sounds... and denim- i dont know for sure what the lmt/lms sub has to do with this discussion? (this sub does not employ that technology) hope that clears it up?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
FYI- the TI PRO is a tc4hp motor- the step up from this motor...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2908
If you would have read the whole thing it says 3" peak to peak, lol. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7731
I wouldnt mind having one of thoes.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3212
" Whoever said that its like the ti- wrong, although it IS the same motor..." then how am i wrong it uses the ti's motor, surrond and basket so all thats different is the cone and maybe the spiders, so pretty much its the exact same as a ti.

"FI BL > RF T2 > LA Storm" that right there makes me laugh, this sub would lay waste to a t2, and i'd guess it would have better sq than a bl.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 636
ill buy one if somebody buys my 10" Dual 2 Type R... $90 shipped it was tested for 1 day.. brand new

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
"ITS NOT A TI PRO!!! It is a tc3hp motor. and to premier sound- its not made by Rockford. It was made by tc sounds for rockford fosgate (like the rockford team rf sub)"

lol, u must not know your sh{t, yes theyre made by rf, cause the shop buys rf and lightning and the lightning is made by rf, take it for what its worth

and

"FI BL > RF T2 > LA Storm" that right there makes me laugh, this sub would lay waste to a t2, and i'd guess it would have better sq than a bl."

that right there makes me laugh, they are not sh{t to rf's, all i can say is you not knowing sh{t hahahahahaha

i know cause ive owned many of them with own experience

"Lightning Audios Award-Winning STORM Subwoofers Now On Sale!
The Rockford Corporation (makers of Rockford Fosgate) announced that its Lightning Audio STORM subwoofer line will undergo a cosmetic change in the coming year."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
wow.. you have NO idea...TC Sounds Made these for lighting audio. I dont know what part of that you can't figure out? Companies farm this stuff out all the time... Are you going to try and tell me that eclipse makes the ti and ti pro simply because they own the brand,lol...

and dustin- the basket, coil, cone and spiders are different than the ti... It shares the motos, and surround is all.. totally different sub!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5159
LIGHTING AUDIO NEVER MANUFACTURED THEIR STUFF EXPECEPT FOR THEIR HARDWARE STUFF (WIRES, CONNECTIONS RCAS OR ANYTHING THAT CAN USED 80% STEEL) THEY WANTED TO GO BIG AND ASKED ROCKFORD TO BUILT THEIR SUBS AND AMPS AND THE FACTORIES SPEAKERS... BUT THEN AGAIN LIGHTING AUDIO ENDED THEIR CONTRACT AND STARTED A CONTRACT WITH TC SOUNDS SINCE THEY ARE WIDELY KNOWN OF BEIN A GREAT OEM SUPPLIER...

THEN IT CAME THAT WOOFER THERE AND IF U KNOW ABOUT IT YOU SEE THAT SAME WOOFER ITS 80% SQ AND 20% SPL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Kingrob- You are CLOSER to right, but still wrong... Lighting audio contracted to tc to build the storm series of drivers while owned by Rockford Fosgate. TC sounds is a large OEM and has been since 198(4?) They have built many subwoofers, including the team rf (the first style, with the silver topplate on the motor) I dont know why Premier sound, and the like cant figure that out.. its not exactly an industry secret...

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5163
DUDE LIGHTING IS A RAW MATERIAL SUPPLIER THAT WAS LATER ACQUIRED BY ROCKFORD FOR REDUCTION COSTS... WHEN BUILDING THEIR PRODCUTS SINCE COOPER GOT ALIL MORE EXPENSIVE AND STEEL TOO....

SINCE THEN ROCKFORD WERE BULDING ALL THEIR SPEAKERS.BUT THEN LIGHTING AUDIO CONTRACTED TC SOUNDS TO BUILT THEIR STORMS SUB.... KEEP IN MIND THAT ROCKFORD WAS STILL BUILDING AMPS AND SMALL SPEAKER WITH THE STORM WORD IN THEM.

Silver Member

Post Number: 897
lol thread

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 299
cwilk is correct, TC is the build house for the Team RF sub and the LA sub. The basket and motor are a dead give away. RF sells and distributes LA, but it does not mean it makes that particular sub woofer.

And cwilk I was mentioning other subs that have big excursion.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 38
i have the 12" version at home. definitely equal to or better then any rf sub. and gives the Ti a decent run. fairly inefficient, it needs alot of power, or a very large enclosure, to get after it.

otherwise, not a bad sub. compared to a BL? no clue, i've not heard or played with one.

and TCsounds does indeed build these for LA. LA, as far as i know, is still owned by rf.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Denim- I figured that was why you mentioned the lms/lmt drivers, but i wanted to steer away from any misconceptions from this already confused group...and kingrob- you got it correct this time.. the first time you said lighting went away from rockford and into tc's factory, which simply isnt true... Lighting was still owned by rockford when these were made..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us