Kx2500.1 gains

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 781
i just got it in today i forgot what i should have everything set to when i am settingm the gains...like everything on the head unit and stuff. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2781
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 782
ok i got it hooked up and its SICK!!! i cant even hear the words when its all the way up lol. if i got some different speakers would it help?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2788
Lol it would, especially if you're running stock speakers now....... the difference between stock or low power speakers on an HU and good high power components on an amplifier is amazing.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2829
"ok i got it hooked up and its SICK!!! i cant even hear the words when its all the way up lol. if i got some different speakers would it help?"

Make sure you don't go past 3/4 of the head unit's full volume to avoid distortion.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 784
and my voltage drops down to like 11 when the bass hits hard and my light dim alot so if i got 2 good batteries do you think it would help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2845
You need to beef up your charging system before you blow everything up Phillp.Please don't play your system loud anymore,never let the voltage go below 12 volts or you're going to blow something up.You should look into a new alternator and do your Big 3 and then after that get an extra batt or two.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 787
i have a 200 amp alt and the big three is done already

Gold Member

Post Number: 2850
You should have that alternator tested because you shouldn't be dropping down to 11 volts.Make sure you check the ground from alt to chassis,check all your wiring because with a 200 amp alt you shouldn't be dropping down below 12 volts even though that amp draws quite a bit of power,I think somethings wrong in your charging system.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2803
^^^^ Exactly

If your voltage is dropping that much you are clipping the subs...... it does sound like something wrong with the electrical system. I would suspect a bad connection before alternator though. When you did the big 3, did you sand/clean all connections?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 788
well i only have one battery that is pretty old and it isnt a very good one. would that make any difference?? and where could i get my alternator checked??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2857
Most Auto parts stores have the ability/tools to test alternators.Your best bet is probably Autozone,they usually have the machines to test Alts there.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 792
how much do you think it will cost?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2867
It's usually free for an alternator test.Most places require you to remove it from your vehicle though.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2866
Check your connections! Did you clean everything when you did the big 3? That is more often the problem than equipment failure.

And those stores can't test alternators for beans. This is written by Dom from Iraggi alternators:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/22/3982.html

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 797
ok so how could i test my alternator then if autozone and those places dont do it right?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2905
If the problem only happens when your bass hits it is most likely not the alternator (what brand is it BTW?). There isn't really a reliable way to test it yourself.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2906
What I meant to say is theres not a free reliable way to test it yourself. You can do it if you have a DC clamp meter.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 798
ok well i have an irragi 200 alternator with my stock battery and thats it...so im just thinking i should get two new kinetik batteries or somethin.

and if i got an isolator i noticed there are three places for wires, battery 1 battery2 and the alternator. would i have to have wire from my alt. to the isolator in the back??

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2929
Batteries won't solve a voltage dropping problem unless your current one is bad and that's what the problem is.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2930
When using an isolator it goes under the hood near the alt and front battery. But you don't need to do that; if you get two of the same battery you can wire them in parallel.

I highly doubt the alternator is the problem. Could be battery, but I highly suspect wiring. If you are not going to check all your big 3 connection theres nothing else I can do here.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 800
i will check it as soon as i have time. i appreciate all your help and i will look at all the big three connections
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us