Keep my CVR's or sell em and get 1 CVX??

Bronze Member
Username: Zacritz929

Somewhere in, Usa USA

Post Number: 11
Right now I have 2 Kicker CVR's with an Audiobahn a8000t amp. I was wondering if it would be worth it to sell the subs and just buy 1 12" CVX preloaded in the kicker box offa ebay. I figure if I wanted 2 CVX's I would need a bigger amp too but want to know if 1 CVX would be loud enough with the a8000t. Give me your opinions.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1804
If you have 2 12" CVR and 1 12" CVX on the same power. The CVRs will be louder because of more cone area. If you install them the right way.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 460
well i had 2 12" CVRs on 800 watts and i hooked up 1 L7 on the same 800 watts and the L7 was louder but maybe the square design made up for the cone area but if the L7 and CVX are the same just CVX has better SQ then i would definately go with the single CVX thats just from my personal experience

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 874
"well i had 2 12" CVRs on 800 watts and i hooked up 1 L7 on the same 800 watts and the L7 was louder but maybe the square design made up for the cone area but if the L7 and CVX are the same just CVX has better SQ then i would definately go with the single CVX thats just from my personal experience"

i belive that my bros L5 10's was way louder than my old cvr 12's

and i had 1 new l7 10 with a box i built 2.4 cubes tuned to 38hz and came really close to both cvr's loudnes on same power

and it is a myth about being exact loud as each other, L7 and cvx, the cvx does have way more sq, but the l7 does have more sp than cvx, the shop installs them every day lol

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 463
thanks for clearing that up Premier Sound well in this case i would just go with whats cheaper or mayber the CVX just because its always more impressive to have one sub compared to two
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us