Probably a stupid question

Silver Member
Username: Jester_king

Post Number: 195
ok I have been hearing about people's ears hurting from bumpin to much so I was wondering do you think your ears would start hurting if you had a 800wrms system, or is that not loud enough to do excesive damage.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12339
depends on the person

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2480
What he said ^^

There are a couple *local* shops here that show what 150dB feels like so you know how much you want compared to that.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2821
This also has a lot to do with install.Imagine running that kind of power to only tweeters,that would probably cause some damage.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 722
and cone area. u can have 8 18" 100 watt a piece and it will hurt more than one 10" with all 800. plus chauncey said it perfect. its all about the person

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9993
it truly does depend on the person. if you aren't used to loud bass. a 300watt system can hurt your ears. eventually you build up a resistance and your ears deafen themselves a little bit. kinda like after you first get your system it is loud and after about 3 or 4 months you want something louder.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2822
Go away Muddy!Again. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9999
hahahahahaha i saw your post number and i was like Upload

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 824
MUDDY!! What in the h3ll man, where ya been?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1166
He came back just to get platinum.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., See my KRAZY... USA

Post Number: 3098
my little system, with the 2 RE8's and a 300 watt amp makes my ears hurt after I listen to it for a while....so I guess it depends on the person

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7636
^^^and the install:-)

Silver Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 107
depends on the person and how used you are to loud music. it also depends on your tweeters, how much bass is coming directly at you etc. my friends 2900 watt system from his subs doesnt hurt my ears but the trebel coming from his tweeters hurts my ears. its not distorted just really freakin loud.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 730
"it truly does depend on the person. if you aren't used to loud bass. a 300watt system can hurt your ears. eventually you build up a resistance and your ears deafen themselves a little bit. kinda like after you first get your system it is loud and after about 3 or 4 months you want something louder."

So very true Muddy.

Screw Tweeters man, those are deafening and most decent components now adays have built in tweeters, which are enough for me, i dont want screamers. I only have my trebel at +2, and its plenty loud and clear.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

I like my beat down low

Post Number: 132
haha i leave my trebel at neg 10
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us