OT:Digital camera trouble

Gold Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 1220
i have a cannon sd900 and i took a ton of pics this weekend and earlier i went back and looked at them and they were all fine but today when i got home a bunch were messed up...... some say "incompatible JEPG format" some say "unidentified image" and then most of the other ones are fine but this is pissing me off cuz i bought this camera for a trip im taking to Europe and i leave in 2 and a half weeks........whats wrong and how can i fix it

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1545
It is not the camera but your memory card. Here is the easy fix: With the card inserted in your camera, browse the menu for *reformat memory card* or similar. If it doesn't have this, plug your card into your card reader on your computer, find it in the list of *My Computer*, right click it and click *Format*. Make sure to reformat it using FAT. If you don't have a card reader, you can sometimes do the last thing I described by plugging your camera into your comp with a USB cable.

**Remember that reformatting erases all of your pics, so try to salvage as many as you can before you do any of these steps.

Gold Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 1221
bump

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2771
Yep, either the data is corrupted or the memory card itself is damaged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us