Buying a box

Silver Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 123
im buying a pre-fab. box for two kicker comp 12" 4ohm subs, what would be a good box for what i have and where could i buy it?. my subs are in a ford explorer. and no custom made box's, i already got ripped off once by alex farris

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1333
what did alex do? he made my box and it turned out great?

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 189
I wouldnt buy a prefab, lol, but then again im a box builder.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4458
buy from him^^^.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
idk, he took forever to send it, then when he said he sent it he really didnt cause it got left at his grandpa's house. so i waited like another three weeks and it still never came after he said he sent it again. about 5 months later i finally got my money returned. but where can i get a box for my needs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
i have a crappy bandpass box that i got for free, my subs about rattle the glass of the front of it, im pretty sure i need a ported box, any suggestions?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4459
email fisher for a quote, i did and the price is extremely nice. prefabs suck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
come on, not all pre-fabs can suck, seriously, how much better can a custom box be over a pre-fab???? there has to be a decent pre-fab box i can buy for my subs

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4461
custom box is WAY better than prefabs. sealed prefabs aren't to bad i guess, but ported is even worse. get a nice one made to the specs of the sub and you'll see the difference.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1339
no because prefabs are mass built and custom boxes are CUSTOM built. trust me, custom built is 100 times better... check with fisher or logan

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2756
" come on, not all pre-fabs can suck "

Yeah they do. They're bad quality and most ported ones are tuned way too high.

There are many legit people who will build you a custom box such as:

woodlawn cabinetry
Fishercustoms
Logan
Canaan (I can personally vouch for him, he built my box)

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
well, is there a mass built box that are good for my subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
idk, i just want a better box that i can buy and just get it over with, i dont know if i want to go through all that crap of havin a custom one built for me again, would them custom box's be priced for under 120?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4462
NO.

buy custom.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2758
I just noticed what subs you're using...... kicker comps are not exactly real good/powerful subs, so I'd say you could use a prefab for those. It would have to be a sealed though, cause the ported ones will sound like crap (high port tuning).

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11594
if u know how to tune abox u can always buy a sealed prefab & pvc port it urself .....

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 64
Well, I've had a couple sealed prefab boxes, and I've made a couple myself. The prefab's were great boxes. As far as ported goes, you just have to find a prefab fit to the specs you want. Not all of them are tuned too high. I've liked Q-Logic boxes in the past, but Kicker also had prefab boxes for some of their subs. So you could go that way.

-C

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1801
If you build it they will come.Alive

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4465
q-logic boxes suck imo. overpriced cra_p that for the price of it you could get a custom one made. and the kicker prefabs from what i understand are tuned high.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2761
^^^^^ X2

Prefab boxes are not constructed well and usually use thin (like 5/8") MDF. But like I said, for low power subs a sealed one would probably work ok if you could find one the correct volume.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us