Sony Subs

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1796
I was at my local car audio store saturday getting some speaker wire. So I got my wire and was going to pay for it and there was a guy in front of me buying 4 12" Sony XS-LD127P5 500RMS each. He took one out of the box and I was expecting a cheap looking sony sub but no it look beefy unlike there other subs. This dude paid $349.99 each for those who can't add good that is 1399.96 + tax for 4 Sony subs how good can they be there sony. I see the guy that bought the sony subs every once in awhile so if I see him when he gets everything installed I'll let you guys know how it sounds.

http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/subwoofers/XS-LD127P5

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1174
wow...some people are stupid

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4454
$1400 for 4 sony's!! i can get 4 idmaxs for that price. damn, that guy is dumb.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., See my KRAZY... USA

Post Number: 3077
dont care what they look like or how much he paid for them, they're still sony's
My RE8's will still sound better, and might even sound louder.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6878
That's a joke right? It has to be!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11588
damn ! - dude prolly didnt price around

i personally would have spent $130 each on 4 type Rs = SQL ....

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6880
^^^That whole website is a joke. Who do they think they're kidding????

Again, it's all about the exposure to the masses. More $$$ on advertising and less on product. Sony is the master on that. $400 for a 12" Sony anything????????

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1331
Audioque HD3 12" $329 each

Sony Sh!t $349 each

HMMMM what to choose................................

Ummmm Audioque...cheaper.louder,better spl.better sq.just better

Platinum Member

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11590
see what i realised from talking to ppl who has sony stuff in their rides is that since sony has such a good name in other areas like home electronics \ cameras & playstation etc some ppl tell themselves well since its the sony name on a car stereo it must be equally as good ,thats 1 of the reasons i heard.....

Platinum Member

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11591
&^^same reasoning i hear with kenwood car stereo too ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1797
The focked up thing is this store has way better than sony. Heres some of the names they carry.

Alpine
Diamond
Memphis
Kicker
Rockford
Orion
MTX
Pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 266
when i first got into car audio i blew a RF P2 and blew the cone out of a Memphis PR..so i went and bought a sony P5 just until my sub was reconed and my stock 6x9s overpowered the sony sub, you could not tell i had it in the car at all..

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1292
damn, and he had to pick sonys

Gold Member

Post Number: 1800
I should of say something to help the guy out. But I didn't hell I had to learn from my mistakes and hopfully this guy will to. But damn thats was a big MISTAKE.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2478
Yeah HUGE mistake...I just modelled it and it's SPL output was about 15dB less than the output of four BTL12s on the same power input lol...not to mention the very low Xmax...

Silver Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 106
lmao i used to have the xplods. you dont mean the red ones but the black ones with the cool design in the middle. they were given to me and even with my JL 500/1 amp they werent loud. switched to 2 PG's and they shake 1000000 times louder :P he got jewed! sony is a very overrated brand. which is what i was gunna post in a new thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1806
Check this out I saw the guy that bought the sony subs at the gas station where I was getting gas. When I was walking back to my ride I ask him how do those sony sound he said come over and check it out for your self. He drives a 2003 Ford Expedition with some chrome rims nothing fancy but it looks nice. He opened the back and there they are 4 12" sony very nice looking vented box for 4 12". He turned the system up and it sounded good and clear. But it should sound way better for the money he's got into it.

This is what he has.

Eclipse CD7100
4 12" Sony XS-LD127P5 500RMS each
1 Kicker ZX2500.1
1 Kicker ZX850.4
Kicker comp front and rear
All Kicker wire
2 Kinetik 1 under the hood and 1 in the back.

Thats all I remember right now but right before I let I said you could of got way better subs for less and he said like what I said.

AudioQue
Fi
DD
RD
RE
TC-Sound
Treo

He said I never heard of any of those names before. I said do some research before you buy but it's to late for that. But keep these names in mind because those subs are going blow within a year and buy some good subs.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2786
He's got some nice equipment there...... those sony subs are an insult to the rest of it

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1172
Its sad to see people that trust every word that the salesman tells them. I was there once and knew that I would rather learn everything for myself than to trust someone thats trying to make money off me, and I am glad that I did.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 872
kinetiks pushing sony system, lawl

Gold Member

Post Number: 1808
I did not expect to see a kicker ZX2500.1 pushing 4 12" sony subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us