WGA Crack

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2819
I'm looking to get a WGA crack or bypass,anything that works.I've tried a few methods but I haven't come across one that works YET.I'll continue to look for a way but if anyone has a working(to date) way,let me know and thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 544
whats WGA?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2739
Windows Genuine Advantage notification. The annoying thing that pops up every time you start your computer and tells you that your Windows is not genuine, if your running XP corporate with a blacklisted key.

Rob, I have a non-licensed Windows on my other computer and I've found a few cracks for the WGA...... each one works for a little while, then it comes back and I have to find another crack. I don't currently have a working one. I'm now thinkin about getting a legit copy of windows (can get it for free through my college) now to solve this.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1544
The key to this is DO NOT get SP2. My copy of XP Corp has been working for years and on many other computers that I put it on as well, and the only time any of them has had this problem is when they installed SP2. It contains some add-ons (some would say Trojans) that contact Microshaft and analyze your serial and check for it on their infamous "black list" of serials that are known to be used in multiple instances. I bet you anything that Rob installed SP2 and/or neglected to turn off Winblows Updates.

Speaking of which.... there are alot of services that need to be turned off, which is the first thing I do on new installs -- most important of which is Winblows Update. Here is a great page all about services and how to tweak XP:
http://www.blackviper.com/

Guys.... check out the latest Linix Ubuntu and get the Beryl desktop for it. It is fucking amazing. But I am not complaing about the shortfalls of XP, I make good money helping the less fortunate. I get at least one call every day about some new screwup. I help my good friends for free but I charge others $80-150 to come out with my "bag 'o' tricks" disc and fix their comp.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2757
This is completely separate from SP2..... WGA notifications was deployed as an update via automatic updates. It can be uninstalled but it will keep prompting you to reinstall it.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1549
It isn't "completely separate" from SP2 because WGA is a symptom of it. The only time I ever see it in my repairs is when people have installed SP2. It CAN happen on SP1 (or no SP) but it doesn't because I stop all of those services upon install. And also it turns back on the Winblows Updates in your services. You talk about the updates like I didn't even mention it up there ^^^^. I kind of know what I am talking about MS, but you always seem to feel the need to second guess me.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2760
Sure if you disable automatic updates you won't get it, then you won't get any other updates either. And if you were to intall updates manually via the windows update website, it deploys WGA in a required update to the wesite software before you can access any other updates.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1551
I have never, ever allowed a so-called update or security patch to be installed on any computer I own or control. It is much better (and safer) to address the security issues by other means. I simply don't trust the team at Microsoft and what they (could) add in these updates.

Here is the site of the brilliant Steve Gibson that discusses the horrors of updates and shows you how to install safe alternatives to the very few that matter:

http://www.grc.com/default.htm
http://www.grc.com/freepopular.htm

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2768
Very well then, but I do use automatic updates, as do most people. I have yet to encounter an update that caused a problem other than WGA.

Of course I do set it to prompt before installing anything.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2825
Well thanks for the help guys but since the forum was down...I got to it myself and I got a crack and it allows for SP2 updates as well that I don't run.It was actually for my friend I don't have SP2 or even SP2.He needed it though for his mobo...stupid compatibility BS.Thanks for the help once again.Oh and back in the day I was able to bug the WGA anti update sh1t by turning Auto updates and trying like 10 times to get the update and it actually let me through somehow,system got bugged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us