Lol

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2469
I guess I've never felt loud bass because I went to a car audio store yesterday... they had 24 Type-R's in a tiny room all powered with 500w RMS lol.

He played them all on full volume with an Akon song and now I see what you guys are feeling when you're in a car haaa I can feel a bunch of air moving in and out of my lungs like you guys talk about =P The meter said 151.2 so I guess that's that =P

Yeah that's all lol

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 7592
lol

What size were they?

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2470
They were 12s lol (that's 500w each) Was that high or low SPL for that many and wattage? They were using some 4000w RF amp (4 of em) if that helps you to know what the actual wattage they were receiving is. If it's overrated then they were prob receiving about 500...but if not maybe a li'l more.

The truth is I really didn't like it

It sounded weird to me...just loud. It didn't sound big (deep bass) at all. Is it possible to make it sound good in a car AND loud? The song was "I Wanna Love You" if that tells you anything.

Thanks for anything telling me why I might've not liked the sound of it? Maybe it was the Type-Rs themselves?

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 315
Prolly cause they were in a room and not a car, the install is key...They prolly wasn't ported or anyhting

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2471
Nope weren't ported, but definitely created a lot of pressure =P

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
Ported helps some air escape, so it also gives you better SQ... Non ported gives alot of Xmax cause air has no way to escape... MY opinion non ported box's sound like crap... JMO some arent bad but

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2721
^^^^ You've got that backwards.....

Sealed boxes generally have better a little better SQ than ported, but a ported box tuned low can come very close. They also can play very low (where as ported boxes are limited by the tuning frequency).

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6845
Yup. The more air you move the more bass you feel. An air tight box gives you a tighter response, ideal for sq applications, just not what most here are after though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
Sorry.. I've just neva heard a good sounding Non vented Box

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2474
Oh and the truth...there weren't 24 Type-R's...there were 2. and 2 13W7's and 3 other pairs of subs...2000w total. It was still 151.2 though lol. I feel accurate info is better now. =)
Maybe it's because they were all under-powered? Not sure.

My dad didn't like it. I guess when you get old enough your ears start getting more sensitive?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us