EQ pics

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1730
I finally got it installed last weekend.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

its a very cool unit, and makes a night and day difference from running off the EQ on your headunit. seriously, night and day difference. some cool features this ones has are that its completely digital. you can save 6 different memories so if you want something very agressive for rock music or something mellow for jazz all you have to do is touch one button. setting it up wasnt easy and it took several hours, but any 30 band eq will do that. so far id give it a 9/10.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 839
Looks good jake.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2641
Thats a cool EQ, but mounting equipment on the sub box FTL

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1732
its double baffle. the box has less vibration than anything else in the car.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 841
I could of guess that jake is a smart guy.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1733
haha thanks man. i dont know if i would say im "smart" with car audio, but i know enough for what i do.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2645
Hmmm, well whatever works. The top panel of my box is double baffle and even that vibrates.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 175
as long as the vibration isnt bad and the equipment is of build quality you will be fine... personally my head unit buttons move when my sub hits, and its not on the box..lol

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13120
jake i agree with M.S. about mounting on the box. but if you have to then you should put at least another sheet of mdf and some dynamat underneath the board. you shouldn't take chances with the equipment you have. it might not break it instantly but taking the abuse over a period of time can't be good.

but you are a very smart dude so i trust your judgement on this one. just looking out man.

looks awesome btw.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1734
i get what you guys are saying but with my box the way it is, vibration is not really a factor. the only other logical place to mount them would be the back of the seats, but they vibrate more than the box. plus i dont feel like drilling into my seats haha.

my box is also bolted to my car...so that might help stop the vibrations...ive never tried it when its not bolted down.

chad, i dont know what kind of EQ you have but if you need a new one i highly suggest this. i know your willing to toss down the money so go for it.

if anyone has a DQX or DQXS please tell me how you like them, thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us