Newbie with questions ...

Username: Ksn380

NY USA

Post Number: 1
Good day folks,

I just hooked up an audio system in my car. I put two 4 1/4" Pioneers in the front, two JBL 6x9s in the back. I have a Blaupunkt MP3000 head unit. The head unit and JBLs I've owned for quite sometime. They were installed in another car which I donated.

I recently purchased a ported bandpass with two Kickers CVR12s off of ebay. It was a full kit that came with a Soundstorm 700.2SL 2 channel Amp and all the wires I would need. It is hooked up right now but I have a few questions on wiring.

You experts most probably already know that the CVR12s are dual voice coil. I really don't know what that is. Each sub has 4 terminals. Right now I only have two terminals of each sub (a pos and a neg) connected. Someone told me that this was not the right way of connecting it. They said that , I'm not getting the power I should be getting to the subs and also that the way I've connected it is bad for the subs.

They sound nice to me but since I haven't heard the way they should sound, maybe that's why they sound nice.

1st qusetion: What's the difference between parallel and series wiring?

2nd question: Which way should I hook them up?

3rd question: The max volume on my HU is 80. Sometimes it seems not enough. Base from the bandpass is fine but the 4 speakers in the car seem to be not enough. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance for all your help

KSN

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 834
Sounds to me like you're only running one out of two coils on each sub, which is bad.

Knowing these guys long enough, they would probably suggest a different box and a different amp to accomidate your subs.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1220
for your speakers you need a nice 4 chnnl amp. it will make your highs and mids scream. as for your subs, def a different box i have yet to hear a bandpass box i like. maybe its jus me. not real fimiliar with those amps, talk to juliob about the amp, he knows amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us