Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1216
box install and build.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 851
when u shut and lock ur doors at the end of the night, you are proud of getting your hands dirty and scraped up

Silver Member
Username: Jester_king

Post Number: 186
that all just a good box

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1494
I am always extra proud of an install when your sub hits so hard that your girlfriends snot pocket vibrates so intensely that she erupts all over your seat. Then she gives you an incredible blowjob in appreciation as she throws in a bonus teabag and swallows your baby batter with the force of an industrial vacuum.

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
rofl OMG thats great

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 390
i have to wear diapers. i cannot control my bowel movements in my car.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5056
when u say have a good install means having a good installed system..

and a system it deosnt mean sub +box + amp

first its the signal(headunit)

enclousure

speaker(s)

the car that is the system in and how the box its made its really important since the sub and box and car willa ct like a band pass box.and heres its wat the cabin gains comes in place

amp(having a clean system)

charging system(power) also good ground.

no leaks in the box ( i should have this on enclousure but its mainly a tip).

dampening material.(when needed)

signal+charging+speaker+enclousure+car+amp=system

screwing one of the elements can cause really catastrophic results on you sound.

for example:

if u have air leaks it will sound bad as hell.

if u have bad charging system it will produce a clipped signal from the amp and will never push full power from the amp

if u have a bad or weak signal the amp will never push the power it needs to push and will be weak to clipping

if u make a box that its designed to other car it will generates cancellation causing poor performance and major spl loss..

theres amillion things to check for a good install but experience its the best friend.

Kingrob

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
thank you for the time to post that, also do you think a 90amp alt and a regular battery is enough to run 1000rms

Gold Member

Post Number: 5057
yeah dude dont worry about your charging even if ur running 1500 rms... as long as you have a mid- big sized battery good cables, and perfect cables connections u will be ok.

also from the alternator + add a run from the screw of the + to the + of the battery post.

around the alt u can see a bolt take the bolt off and put a cable with a ring terminal to the housing of the alt and run it to the _ batterie terminal of the batterie.

then from the batterie run a big wire from the _ terminal to a metal piece of the vehicles body. on the _ u can see a black cable going to some metal piece of the body juzz add it to it..

with this you will have a kick @ss system with no dimming

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
well I'll get to that when I'm installin it, but hey you got yahoo or msn

Gold Member

Post Number: 5058
extrmndor3@MSN.COM

TAKE OUT MSN WITH YAHOO BUT I DONT WELL I NEVER USE IT ONLY THE ON WITH MSN BUT IM MOSTLY IN AIM.. zPEEDYROSAlEZ

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2416
Actually, a good install is all your own opinion. Just thought of that. A good install in my book, which I know is different from some others, includes how clean it looks. If you have an amp sitting on the floor of your trunk, wires everywhere, I don't consider it a good install, but that's just me.

Rob has a pretty good post (didnt read most of it).

Oh I don't agree that you will be okay running 1000rms on a 90amp alt. You will be for a while, but in the long run your alt will fail or your battery will die, Most likely the latter. Happened to me on a stock alt with 1000rms, sucks. Upgrade if you have the money.

"Good install" of components (in my book): The tweeter is located within a few inches of the mid, the doors are deadened (all pieces of metal), all holes are covered on the outer panel of the door (under the upholserty), probably need a mdf ring to raise the speaker for clearence, and they are crossed over at the best sounding point. Accoustical foam behind the mid will also help the mid sound better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5059
SOME WELL MOST OF THE MAINSTREAM COMPONENTS E VEN THE CHEAPER ONES HAVE A OFF AXIS SWITCH THAT IS USED WHEN THE TWEET ITS NOT NEAR THE MID AND ITS FACING A BAD SIDE THAT NORMALLY CAUSES CANCELLATION...

SOME HOLES IN FACTORY DOORS ARE JUZZ MADE TO ACT LIKE A PORT FOR THE LIL SPEAKERS AN ENHANCE THE BASS FREQUENCY, BUT SOMETIMES WHEN U ADD ANOTHER AFTERMARKET WOOFER THAT PRODUCES MUCH MORE OR LETS SAY A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF BAS COMPARED TO THE STOCK IT CAUSES RATTLES AND DISTORTION...

YES HE CAN RUN 1000 RMS OUT OF 90 AMPS WITOUT CLIPPING IF HE HAS A MID-BIG SIZED BATTERY CLEAN CONNECTIONS CLEAN CABLES PERFECT GROUND ETC....

I HAVE 120 AMPS ALT AND IM RUNNING 2640 WATTS RMS INCLUDING MY MONO AND 4 CHANNEL AMP AND I NEVER SUFFER FROM DIMMING ONLY RUNNING A DURALAST BATTERY IN THE TRUNK AND A OPTIMA RED TOP IN THE BACK.

WHEN UR GOING MORE THAN 2500 RMS A ALT ITS A MUST WHEN U DONT WANT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON BATTERIES...

ALSO A CAPACITOR WILL NOT HELP YOUR DIMMING PROBLEM BUT WILL HELP ON HOW CLEAN YOUR DC VOLTAGE IS.... THE CAP WILL ACT LIKE A BUFFER THEN IT WILL FILTRATE THE BAD DC SIGNALS GIVING YOUR AMP GOOD CLEAN FOOD.... ALSO A CAP WILL NOT STRAIN YOUR ALT.. SINCE CAPS CHARGE FAST BUT VERY FAST THAN WHEN YOU HEAR THE BUMP OF THE SUB THEN THE BASS RESTS FOR ABOUT 1 SECOND IN THAT 1 SECOND IT TAKES TO RECHARGE WHILE THE AMP NOT PULLING OR DRAWING THE POWER THE CAP FULLY RECHARGES IT WITOUT ANY PROBLEMS OR RESTRICTIONS AND WITHOUT AFFECTING NOTHING...

A CAPACITOR ITS ALWAYS A PLUS...

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
I added you, so you should get on lol, either msn or yahoo

Gold Member

Post Number: 5060
ON CAR AUDIO CAPACITORS SOME SAY THERES A RULE OF THUMP THA 1 FARAD ITS EQUAL TO 1000 WATTS RMS IS b.s THATS WHY SOME PEOPLE DONT RECOMEND THEM.. IF U WANT TO SEE SOME DIFERENCE TRY 2-4 FARADS FOR EVERY 1000-1500 RMS GOING WITH MORE FARADS ITS ALWAYS A PLUS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us